White Worms

the.fish.fool

Reaction score
I have a Senegal Bichir and a BGK in a 30gal grow out tank. And while I was feeding them, I noticed a tiny white worm(there may be more...) wiggling as it floats around in my aquarium. Should I be worried? What can I do to remove it or prevent it? What is causing this?

It could be planaria, these are tiny White worms commonly found in aquaria.
They are relatively harmless. Their presence usually indicates overfeeding or and excess of waste.
Try a good gravel vac and 30-50% water change making sure you get as much excess waste out as possible.
Ali

Do you overfeed? That could be the problem.

Do you overfeed? That could be the problem.

not really. I try to put in only as much as they can eat. 10 sinker pellets for the bichir and chopped frozen earthworms for the bgk. and i usually remove the leftovers.

The thing is you don't want left-overs. You want all the food to be gone and that's it. ;)

I give it 5 minutes then scoop out uneaten food

I use sinkers and earthworms so its really hard to scoop them out. Anyway, I think I found the main cause. I have been feeding my BGK chopped frozen earthworms, and I noticed that he had been hiding the worms. I'm impressed but at the same time worried. Has he been hording the worms I feed him? Should I stop feeding him for a while?

Most reactions

Back