White Spots On Coral Beauty!

Havent used it but in general when I have seen this discussed most people agree there is no effective, reef friendly, treatment for whitespot.

Best bet is a QT with a cycled filter (I always keep a small internal filter running on my marine tank now. This way if I ever need to set up a QT in a hurry I have a cycled filter ready to go). Treat them with whatever meds work best (normally copper based, read instructions carefully) and then the hard part, leaving them in QT for about 8 weeks (marine whitespot can lay dormant for about this period of time in a tank with no fish so you have to give the main reef tank long enough for it all to be completely cleared before reintroducing new fish).

Whitespot is a PITA in a reef tank.

I agree with Barney, copper medications in the hospital tank with good water quality will be your best bet.

I bought some waterlife cuprazin today which is copper based so will try that tonight when i get in

Just to let you know...when I treated my coral beauty with cuprazin he really struggle to deal with the copper treatment...within 3 hours of putting it in he was swimming on his side and being blown around by the powerhead...I was sure he was going to die. I read that dwarf angles are notably sensitive to copper. I diluted the QT tanks water with display tank water by 50% and he he pulled through.

I continued to treat him but only using half the recommended dose.

Just for your info and only the way I did it, not saying its the correct way..your call

cheers for that co man

hes been in quarantine tank almost 4 days and had 3 doses of treatment, one of the clownfish only survived 12 hours in there but he was weak anyway!! what is it with clown fish

anyways I fed him for first time in there last night and he eat fine very active with food around however he doesn;t look brilliant body wise, can;t explain it but he doesn;t look as fine

cheers for that co man

hes been in quarantine tank almost 4 days and had 3 doses of treatment, one of the clownfish only survived 12 hours in there but he was weak anyway!! what is it with clown fish

anyways I fed him for first time in there last night and he eat fine very active with food around however he doesn;t look brilliant body wise, can;t explain it but he doesn;t look as fine
Sorry to here about the clown bro...Im doing QT at the moment for my royal gramma, she dont look good either...I guess its just a case of keeping finger crossed.

Hope the other fish pull through, If their eating Im sure thats a good sign.

Most reactions

Back