White Spot On'snout' Of Cory

Tim N

Reaction score
One of my corys has a white spot that looks alomst like a lump on his nose. I just noticed it yesterday. Could this be scarring from a piece of gravel? (although most of the gravel in my tank is smooth) I dont think its ich, as there is only one spot. Could it in fact be ich, or some other condition? My other fish seem to be acting normal.

Many of my cories have white "bumps" on their noses. I always assumed it was either normal, or they were hitting the tank lid when shooting to the top for air sometimes. Either way, it hasn't seemed to affect mine.

The other cory I have seems to have something there too, but its very faint. As long as they are acting normal Im not worried.

Hi Tim N :)

Corys frequently have marks on their noses, especially wild caught ones. If it stays the same, don't worry about it. But, if it is actually white or fuzzy, or changes in any way, you will need to medicate it.

Watch their fins and barbels too, for any sign of infection or deterioration. If you don't see any kind of problem developing in a few weeks, it will be safe to say that it's normal. :D

Hi Tim N :)

Corys frequently have marks on their noses, especially wild caught ones. If it stays the same, don't worry about it. But, if it is actually white or fuzzy, or changes in any way, you will need to medicate it.

Watch their fins and barbels too, for any sign of infection or deterioration. If you don't see any kind of problem developing in a few weeks, it will be safe to say that it's normal. :D

Thanks. I'll keep an eye on their fins and barbells.

Most reactions

Back