White spot on molly

Akabobo84

Reaction score
It's really not spots but just a blotch. Maybe the fish rubbed up on something. Don't think it's the ick. No other fish have that.
Screenshot_20220720-151519.png

Any chance of a picture that is in focus?
Tell us some information about the tank and fish. eg: how long it's been set up for, how long you've had the fish, how long it's had the spot, if you added anything in the last 2 weeks, water changes, filters, etc

Any chance of a picture that is in focus?
Tell us some information about the tank and fish. eg: how long it's been set up for, how long you've had the fish, how long it's had the spot, if you added anything in the last 2 weeks, water changes, filters, etc
It's been set up since January. Had fish in it since around March. I just noticed it today. I do just my regular weekly changes. Changed filter about a month or so go. Is the only fish that has that blotch.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220720-170029.png
    Screenshot_20220720-170029.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 26
I can't tell anything from the picture (it's blurry).

It's probably just excess mucous over an injured area. Do a big water change and gravel clean the substrate every day for a week and it should heal up fine.
Make sure any new water is free of chlorine/ chloramine before it's added to the tank.

I can't tell anything from the picture (it's blurry).

It's probably just excess mucous over an injured area. Do a big water change and gravel clean the substrate every day for a week and it should heal up fine.
Make sure any new water is free of chlorine/ chloramine before it's added to the tank.
Ok sorry about that picture as you know they won't stay still lol. I have aquarium salt should I use any of it. Thanks.

If the patch gets white fluffy stuff growing out of it, then add some salt. Otherwise just do daily water changes and gravel cleans. It should heal up by itself if the conditions are good.

Most reactions

Back