White Spot I Think, Not Sure - Please Confirm.

Nosnibor

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hello all,

Please help someone. My Pearl Gourami has marks in about 4 places on it's body (some worse than others) and they are flakey. This has been about now for a good few weeks!

At first I thought it was where the fish has jumped and hit itself on the wall or something, but the marks are not going and it is now off it's food.

I have attached a couple of photos below (very hard to get a good shot), I hope they are clear enough for you to diagnose.

Any advice about what treatment I can use would be extremely appreciated.

Thank you very much.

regards,

Martin

Pearl1.jpg

Pearl2.jpg

Not white spot, looks more like fungus, Myxazin or pimafix would be a good med to use. Ive had gouramis in the past with this and if you dont treat it quickly it spreads and can infect other fish.

Not white spot, looks more like fungus, Myxazin or pimafix would be a good med to use. Ive had gouramis in the past with this and if you dont treat it quickly it spreads and can infect other fish.

Agree its not whitespot and appears to be a fungal infection

what are the current water stats?

I would undertake a 30% water change, increase aeration and then start treating with one of the treatments suggested above :good:

Guys,

Thank you all so much for your advice.

I have bought the Pimafix as advised by the bloke at the LFS simply because he said that the Myxazin was more of a harsh treatment and because I have bn babies, he said it would be best to play it safe.

I will be starting the treatment tonight after a PWC and I will check to make sure my water condition is perfect.

Wilder: Thanks for your response, I hope it isn't Flexibacter as that looks nasty. I will go with the Fungus first and if it doesn't budge I look in to Flexibacter.

So thanks again guys, and thank you all those who read the thread too :thumbs:

Cheers

Martin

The fungus is flexibacter, thats just its real name.

Oh I see.

It's just that article said (and I quote).
"One day, you’re faced with one of your fish, who has patches of white fuzzy stuff on him and you start thinking to yourself, ” I need some medicine quick to kill this fungus, because if it’s white and fuzzy, then it must be a fungus, right?!” Wrong! White fuzzies that occur on otherwise normal skin and fins of a fish are much more likely to be due to a Flexibacter infection, which is a bacterial infection and not a fungal one."

Never mind, either way that Pimafix should do the trick - thanks

Martin

Pimafix helps with columnaris but you need to use it with myxazin by waterlife.

Most reactions

Back