White Cloud And Cherry Shrimp Compatibility?

seantheprawn

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
hey all.

i was just wondering, are white cloud mountain minnows and cherry shrimp compatible in a tank? as i see that cherry shrimp prefer the higher temperatures (25 - 26 degrees Celsius) while the minnows prefer the lower temps (20 - 21 degrees). so i was just wondering can they be kept together? as i think they would make the perfect tank mates in a nice little 10 gallon.

cheers.

Sean.

As long as you have a heater and keep the temp half way between the 2 they'l be fine together.

You would be better off getting something like Forktail Blue Eye Rainbowfish to go with Cherry Shrimps, as WCMM are very much a cold water fish.

You would be better off getting something like Forktail Blue Eye Rainbowfish to go with Cherry Shrimps, as WCMM are very much a cold water fish.

i was just flicking through the latest PFK and there's a article that says cherrys natural annual temp change can be as extreme as 4-28C.

Fair enough, at least you have reseacrh that suggests its possible :)

So how are you going to maintain the tank temperature so it never goes above 22C? My tanks have been ~26C for the last few weeks of our Southampton heatwave!
sleep.gif

Yea cherry shrimp will be fine at 20C, I wouldn't keep them any lower though personally, and I don't know where PFK got that info from. A while back my heater died whilst I was away for a couple of days, the temp dropped to 14C and I lost a lot of young shrimp.

Most reactions

Back