White Bumps Other Than Ich?

Rynofasho

Fishaholic
Reaction score
So in my QT tank, I noticed that for a while, there have been tiny white specks on the bogwood. It hasnt really affected anything in the tank, nor did the fish who have been in there for two weeks now look affected. Suddenly, I'm looking at my Rummynose and they have tiny white specs all over them. They aren't behaving any differently, but they all have it, even the Gourami in there has a spot on each fin.

I would have to assume that all white specks are bad. . . Here it is on the wood:

photo21.jpg

And here it is on the tetras. I had to turn the light off for forever to get them to slow down enough to photo so they look washed out from the dark, but the specks are clearly visible:

photo22.jpg

Do I really have Ich? Just seems weird that nothing would happen for two weeks and everyone would get on fine, and then suddenly one day everyone is covered. That tank just got a water change a couple days ago, although I did notice that it kicked up a lot of funk when I changed it. Thoughts?

When you changed the water it could have caused it to kick up and to stress the fish out. I had to battle that in my tank and it eventually went away when I lower the amount of water changes and medicated the tank, medicate the tank and see if that helps if not... You could be in trouble

Yep, increased slowly your temp to atleast 84F, and use Super Ick Cure really effective follow the instructions carefully, lets hope is not to late.

Well that certainly sucks. Dealt with Ich once and only lost two fish, but these fish are a LOT more speckled than the last. Still no signs of them acting ill which is good. I really dislike gravel as a substrate. No matter how much I clean it, this has happened. I did temporarily house 3 fish in there that had been in the 75 I bought -- they were in old dirty water for a year, so maybe they brought it in.

Anyhow, I'm going to remove all the fish for a bit and take the rest of the gravel out, vacuum really well, and do a 100% change. I'll start treating it once I have the gravel out and the substrate is all sand. Wish me luck. . .

Most reactions

Back