White bump growing on Tetra's nose?

TacomaToker

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Pictures are attached. I have 6 Tetras in the 15 gallon, 5 are long fin black skirts and 1 is a yellow/colored glofish. I recently switched them out of another tank, so they have been in this new tank for 2 days. Two of the tetras have noticeable growths, but this one has the largest and most obvious growth on top of his nose. Here are current water parameters:

Ph: 6.8
Ammonia: .1
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 2-3 ppm
Temp: 73.5

image2.jpeg
image1.jpeg
image0.jpeg

Your ammonia should be on 0ppm

I have just taken this tank over from a highly irresponsible owner. The fish have just been added following a 99% water change/under gravel filter cleaning to remove nitrates (120ppm) from the tank. I'd say water parameters are quite good considering what this tank has seen in the last 2 days. People like you on these forums are incredibly exhausting. Do you feel better having told me such a blatantly obvious fact? Ammonia of .1 ppm is completely fine for the time being. Thanks for contributing absolutely nothing.

I have just taken this tank over from a highly irresponsible owner. The fish have just been added following a 99% water change/under gravel filter cleaning to remove nitrates (120ppm) from the tank. I'd say water parameters are quite good considering what this tank has seen in the last 2 days. People like you on these forums are incredibly exhausting. Do you feel better having told me such a blatantly obvious fact? Ammonia of .1 ppm is completely fine for the time being. Thanks for contributing absolutely nothing.
Still. Your ammonia should be 0ppm so no the tank is not cycled.

That's a bit unnecessary. If you had mentioned it at the start and they said your ammonia was too high, then maybe. But when you haven't mentioned it prior, you should expect people to say something about it.

Neons are known to get white growths on their nose. Not sure about others. It doesn’t hurt them.

That's a bit unnecessary. If you had mentioned it at the start and they said your ammonia was too high, then maybe. But when you haven't mentioned it prior, you should expect people to say something about it.
I agree with Colin.

Not everyone can be as helpful as you Colin. I'm sorry but I find it exhausting to have people give advice on these forums that has absolutely nothing to do with the original question.

With the possible injury to your fish I would suggest you will need to keep the water very clean . I would try and do 1-2 water changes a week of 50% or so for the next couple of weeks until the injury appears to heal, It is easy for fish to get infections, Good luck

With the possible injury to your fish I would suggest you will need to keep the water very clean . I would try and do 1-2 water changes a week of 50% or so for the next couple of weeks until the injury appears to heal, It is easy for fish to get infections, Good luck

Thank you! Would you suggest any supplements to help him heal? Or simply stick to water changes only?

Not everyone can be as helpful as you Colin. I'm sorry but I find it exhausting to have people give advice on these forums that has absolutely nothing to do with the original question.
You ask for help or opinions. Please don’t be ugly with replies. People are only trying to help and you are being rude.

Most reactions

Back