White Bettas.....?

braxenburg

Reaction score
Hey i know that theres different colours of bettas (egCamboidan ect....) but what are the White Bettas called?

i dunno why someone would want white... myself i love my baby pink even though he keeps stressin himself out and going white :unsure: -_- :blink: :X

The chalky white is the Opaque. When a generation starts to get a pinkish body, it is time to cross back to a steel or whatever they got the opaque from. If they started with a steel, then you cross back to a steel to get the chalky white look.

I have no clue about the genetics but here in Mexico the "white" bettas are called "Ghost Bettas" :lol: or "Fantasy Bettas" :rolleyes:

And everyone is right, I Look at them and they're not really white.. kinda like a khaki color :dunno:

fourplayfishy said:
i dunno why someone would want white... myself i love my baby pink even though he keeps stressin himself out and going white :unsure: -_- :blink: :X
Maybe you are seeing pale white in your betta?
Opaques (aka Holy Grail), Ivory, and Crystals are beautiful and rare!

Here are some pics courtesy of bettatalk.com:

Holy Grail
Holy_grail_ST_male_2.gif

Ivory
Ivory_ST_male_1.gif

Crystal
crystal_white_young_males_1.gif

I am hunting for these two types at a reasonable price:
Tangerine Dream (any tail except crown)
tangerine_dream_DT_males_flaring_1.gif

Dark/Black Plakat
fwbettaswt1097333168.jpg

all of those names itty listed are strain names that happen to belong to faith. thats not what they are actually called.
holy grail is her opaque line.
i dont think she has the rights to the name ivory though. i think thats a general term for a dirty opaque.
im thinking those crystals are cellophanes.

Holy grail is :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

That's just amazing, I wish I had one.

I also like the dark plakat, if i found one I'd definitely buy it.

Most reactions

Back