Whiptail Plec

moochy13

Fish Herder
Reaction score
saw these today at my LFS, pretty much fully grown and only 7 quid. my mate has some royal whiptails which are much larger, this is a nice option more suited to my tank. i like how prehistoric he looks. settled stright in, taking up residence next to my flash plec under a piece of wood. i'll try get some better pics when he gets a bit braver.

IMG_04374.jpg

just one of him in the bag, hes not really been out since. lost a cory and a BA tetra yesterday/today, so something to cheer me up. my mate brought a pair of chocolate/valient Gouramis, amazing little fish.

Nice pleco. :good: Don't want to sound like a party-pooper, but I think you are over-stocked. Your mate getting you the gouramis is all very nice but in general not a good idea. You may know Chocolate Gouramis/Vaillanti Gouramis are very sensitive and are easily bullied by other fish. Probably not a good idea to place them with your robust Tetras and Angels. :X

Carl

He looks lovely-would love to see a pic if you can get one when he is settled! Carl, did Moochy mean his friend had bought himself the gouramis?

He looks lovely-would love to see a pic if you can get one when he is settled! Carl, did Moochy mean his friend had bought himself the gouramis?
His mate bought him (moochy) the gouramis to cheer him up :)

His mate bought him (moochy) the gouramis to cheer him up :)
Lol We'll have to wait and see what moochy says about it, I read it that the whiptail cheered him up and his mate bought the gouramis for himself-I'm not laying bets on it though :lol:

haha no the gouramis went in my mates tank, i got myself the whiptail. i know my ph is well out of line for those gourami.

i know im pushing my stocking, but my tests never read any amount of ammonia or nitrate/trite (whichever the bad one is :huh: ) this is it now though. i might be moving one of my synos on, and as i mentioned in another thread, they're so lazy its like they're not even in there. one of them i havnt seen since i put my flash plec in. :blink: . f it wasnt for the continued quality of my water i wouldnt have been pushing my stock level.

ill try get some more photos when hes settled in.

haha no the gouramis went in my mates tank, i got myself the whiptail. i know my ph is well out of line for those gourami.

i know im pushing my stocking, but my tests never read any amount of ammonia or nitrate/trite (whichever the bad one is :huh: ) this is it now though. i might be moving one of my synos on, and as i mentioned in another thread, they're so lazy its like they're not even in there. one of them i havnt seen since i put my flash plec in. :blink: . f it wasnt for the continued quality of my water i wouldnt have been pushing my stock level.

ill try get some more photos when hes settled in.
:lol: Now I wish I'd placed a bet! :lol: Piccies please! He looks so lovely!

Most reactions

Back