Which Uv Steriliizer Will Work Best In A 20 Gallon Tank?

tamara

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Here's the only ones that i can buy [the store is a few blocks away from me--i'm not buying online]
http://www.bigalsonline.ca/BigAlsCA/ctl366...ewType=Category
Please don't just tell me to buy the most expensive one, that is what they mostly all do in pet stores and so that's is why i'm asking here, because hopefully most of you have knowledge of which one is good or not?
Please&thank you!

Oh and by the way, it's for my 20 gallon tank [at the moment it has 60 fish--but by the end of the week about 30-40 of them will be gone to my friends--yes i definetly know its way over stocked but the guppies re-produced.]
I've had green water [PERSISTENT] green water for the past about 2 months? maybe 3months?
i do water changes--did 70% water change last night it's foggy but probably by tomorrow it'll be completly green again
yes i've tried buying chemicals, things to put in your filter, blackouts and willow branches as well, none worked

This is the one (the 9W) I bought and it worked great to clear green water. That price seems a little high but I guess that's Canadian dollars. I paid about $90 for mine a couple years ago from here.

I know you say the store is only a few blocks away but unless they have a price match policy where they honor their online pricing in their stores, it could be significantly more expensive in the store than online. You just have to calculate the shipping into the equation.

I don't have a credit card to pay for the online UV sterilizers...that's why i can't buy online.
But clsoe to me there is PetSmart, PetCetera, and Big Als......the only one that has actual stuff online for me to look at before i go into the store to buy frmo is big als....so i have no clue if the other ones even have UV sterilizers or not.

You should be able to view products at Petsmart.com. I know they have the price match policy where you print out the item from online, take it to the store and they will sell it to you at the online price. You will probably have to get a manager to do it though.

With your green water situation, you probably need to get one of the better ones since you will be running it constantly. You might want to PM or email CFC. He runs them on his tanks all the time and can probably give you feedback on the best ones.

Most reactions

Back