Which Tank?

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Bozza

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I want to make a tank with just some cories in it and hopefully breed them next year. Which tank do u think is best a 20L short and wide tank, or a 18.5L tank with a narrow bottom? I will most like get both of the tanks but i was wondering wat might be the best tank to house a number of cories. I saw someone else has the narrow tank as a breeding tank (cause it didnt have any gravel/sand), it also has a light on top. Thanks in advance.

Torrens

I know this is a little stupid, but just to be sure, are you asking about ltrs or length. I believe a shallow tank with a wider, shorter footprint is often used for a breeding/growout tank. I was for instance looking at a 30"L x 18"W x 12"H and it was labeled a breeder tank. (There was some confusion about the 18" being the width or height.) Do you have the actual dimensions?

The 20L dimensions is L, 14in W, 8.5in H, 10in. I dont have the dimensions of other tank. I saw a picture of another persons breeding tank, it had a light on top and was quite narrow on the bottom half

I really don't know how much difference it makes. But my cories like to swim all around. The peppers in the 100 usg leave eggs at the top of the tank--2' H. The bronze do the same in the 40 usg--maybe 18" H.

I think it is as much dependent on what will work for you. You will be catching the fish to move them or having to get in and move the eggs. What will fit best where you want to put it. 8.5" H seems pretty shallow?? Well I just don't really have any "professional" knowledge. I would do a tank that seems like it would be useful in various circumstances and would meet my present need.

I just wanted to give you a response and someone to go over it with. :)

Most reactions

Back