Which Tank?

dora

Reaction score
I am considering getting in to tropical fish keeping and was wondering where to start. I have a limited budget but would like a fair sized tank.

I there a problem with buyinh second hand. I have heard that there can be problems such as germs etc.

I would like to keep very colourful fish. My ideal tank would be Marine but the cost is beyond my budget.

Tropical seems cheaper. Can you get tropical fish that are more colourful as the ones that i have seen are a bit dull in comparison to Marine.

Any help appreciated.

the answer is yes there are tons of tropical fish that are as bright and colourful as marine.

As for buying a second hand tank people do it all the time and it can be used after it has been cleaned properly

What size tank are you planning on getting? and what volume of water can it hold?, from this we can then suggest some fish.

:)

There is no problem in using a second hand tank or equipment, your tank and everything you put into your tank must be thoroughly cleaned before use whether it is second hand or new, so it makes no difference.

There are many brightly coloured tropical fish to choose from, too numerous to mention, but however, they will not look like marine fish.

I am looking at getting a 4ft tank (i think it holds 120 litres), may have to downgrade if i can't get one cheap enough.

I have a budget of £200.

I don't suppose you live anywhere near South West Wales do you? I have a four foot tank for sale with a lid and lighting unit plus bulb. :blink:

I will have to find out how many litres it holds, give me five mins.

A 4'x1'x1' tank will hold 120 litres, a 4'x1'x1.5' will hold about 135 litres

I would be opting for the first one.

Most reactions

Back