Which Substrate Do You Prefer And Why?

jelly beans, they look pretty.

this gives me an idea for my next aquascape...Jelly beans and guppies.
This reminds me of that time when my youngest cousins came to visit and I had some other hoplos... they fed them candy while I was away. I was like "What the...?!" -.-
Well, nothing happened to the fish but still... o_O

lol I was cleaning the black sand that came with the used tank I just bought and they had obviously used the bright multicoloured gravel at some point in the past because as I was washing it I kept having to pick out pieces of pink, purple and green gravel hehe. There's no way I got it all so I imagine I'll be picking it out for some time to come! I did add the sand back to the tank last night and didn't spot any...maybe by some miracle? Naaahhh!

I prefer natural gravel as I try to make the most natural environment for the fish as possible. The only reason I have black gravel now is because it came with the tank. It does look quite good though. Any gravel is OK along as it's not that multicoloured crap with jewels in it lol

used to be black sand (tahitian moon) wich i still have in one of my tanks, But now it has to be ADA Amazonia for the planted areas and ADA saruwak sand for the foreground. Why because the growth has been mega compared to anything elses.

Most reactions

Back