Which Plant Is This?

yankee

Reaction score
I had a plant in my tank some time ago, which I grew from a bulb. It died off at a time when I was getting lackadaisical about caring for my aquarium. I'd love to get it again, and now that I've found aquariumplants.com, seems to be just a matter of figuring out its name.

It had red, arrow shaped leaves, reddish brown stems. It grew to the top of the tank, and if memory serves, mine had some shoots which flowered.

Thanks in advance

I would suspect tiger lotus or a sort of aponogeton, those are the plants I know they sell in those little bulb packs. You'd have to google some pictures and decide for yourself I guess since I have no clue what your plants looked like.

Tiger lotus is exactly it! Thank you soooooo much!! :D :D :D :D
Google confirmed it!

You sure its not just a Dwarf Lilly???
Wally World sells "Hybrid Aponogeton" and "Dwarf Lillies" which come in red or green in bulbs. The Lily bulbs are BIG vs the Aponogeton bulbs which usually are small and kind of long.

I have both in my tank and the Lily is pretty but grows REAL slow...

Youre supposed to clip off the stalks that grow to the top to prevent flowering because if they do they ususally die off. That might been the reason yours died in the first place

EDIT::: SP SP SPELLING

You might be right about the flowering, sly. I got a lot of flowers.

But this plant was definitely a relatively fast grower. I found it on aquariumplants.com and am gonna place an order soon.

Now that I think about it more, the bulb was a big round one, not slender.

tlotus_ppulcherpic4.jpg

Whenever you see them growing flower stalks again just clip them and you should be good

Most reactions

Back