Which Paint For Blue Tanks?

simonas

stuck between a rock and a fish tank
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
I want to paint my tank that lovely bright blue that fish shops coat their tanks with? Is it paint and what is it called and who stocks it etc

Thanks Simon

cheers truck!!

I used acrylon brand fusion spray paint; the color is patriotic blue. It looks great and it was only 3.50 at Walmart. It is the spray paint that's indicated for painting onto plastic. I saw this from the nano lagoon series on youtube. I tried it myself, and although a little drippy, it looks great from the front. I think the dripping was just due to my haste though.

My first SW setup, started a couple days ago.

SW_day_1_2_21_10.jpg

I use self adhesive vinyl :good: (that’s sticky-backed plastic to all you Blue Peter fans!!! :lol: ). the same quality used to signwrite vehicles and shop windows ect it has 5-7 year exterior life so its hardwearing as well and you can also get the same colour ACRYLIC/PERSPEX SHEET,s cut to size and you can use it to clad your weir :good:

Nice to see you back John, we could do with seeing you a bit more often :good:

Seffie x
thank you

:blush: Um i have not been around as much as i would like to be lately seffie i have been having a terrible time with my tank :crazy: and any spare time that i have had has been spent around at a fellow reefers helping him set up his 1st reef tank a 24g D&D which lasted the hole of 3 weeks before he upgraded to a 75 gallon system :rolleyes: which is coming along really nicely now, i have also been busy setting up a reef club in my area which again is coming along nicely, and we had our first meet last week which went really well so yep it’s been a really busy few months for me but now that every think is up and running sort of speak i will hopefully have a little more me time so i can spend more time on here :lol:

cheers for the responses this will be the first thing I do for my new set up

Ive used ronseal tile paint, royal blue. Again two coats, great colour and looks smart!
James

I got that one from B&Q

Hope its ok? any pics of yours you can show me, it was either that or a lighter blue in same range

£17 for a small tin!!!

Just got to move current tank mates out over next few days and then dry the tank out and clean it etc then the marine experience starts!!

I used normal emulsion a couple of coats with a sponge roller nice and easy :) Cant rember the colour but was Crown paint.

But can check with the shop Tuesday if you want to know the colour my LFS used this on there tanks and loaned me the paint to use :)

DSC02518.jpg

I used normal emulsion a couple of coats with a sponge roller nice and easy :) Cant rember the colour but was Crown paint.

But can check with the shop Tuesday if you want to know the colour my LFS used this on there tanks and loaned me the paint to use :)

DSC02518.jpg

that looks feckin great!!!

Cheers for the offer but Ilve already bought some now. cheers

Most reactions

Back