Which One Do I Trust?

FlyingFish

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi All.

Just done a Nitrite test with "Filter Check" and the resaults were horrifiying to say the least. It shouwed between 4 and 5mg/l.

So tested with the "Tetra 5 in 1 Sticks" and it showed as fractioanly over 0.

Which one do I trust? - The fish (4 Black Widow Tertras) seem fine but one, Jeremiah, keeps going off on his own for a bit and then rejoining the group, and then being a loner again... Think thats just him though.

So which test do I trust?

I have always put my trust in the tetra liquid tests, I find them easier to read being colour blind.
I have seen other posts by you about this I think, What is this "Filter Check" you keep refering to?, Is it a brand name?.

I have always put my trust in the tetra liquid tests, I find them easier to read being colour blind.
I have seen other posts by you about this I think, What is this "Filter Check" you keep refering to?, Is it a brand name?.

It's made by "Interpet" and its part of their range: Filter Start, Filter Check etc. First few time when I had no fish - 0 resault. but the last few days its been throwing alarming figures at me. Been doing 10% water changes dailey, added a Nitra-zorb pack and yet the resault has got worse??#@/? I think its not giving me true readings, as the Tetra sticks are far different, and much more belivable.

The test strips are not very accurate so i agree, liquid test kits are the best.

Tetra for now, never used the other brand, but same as i say the test strip card are not accurate, you will have to go by the fish for now and keep a close eye on them, if they start darting around and hanging near the surface preform a water change, would also add two teaspoons of salt to help with there gills.

Maybe you can test your tap water, assuming it should not have much if any nitrites. That way, you can see if the test kit can still give lower results.

Tetra for now, never used the other brand, but same as i say the test strip card are not accurate, you will have to go by the fish for now and keep a close eye on them, if they start darting around and hanging near the surface preform a water change, would also add two teaspoons of salt to help with there gills.

Are they not freshwater?????

Are not freshwater, the fish or the tests.

Most reactions

Back