Which live plant would you recommend for betta fry so I can give them infusoria

First of all, you have too much veg in the jar. Also having the lid on it Is probably not going to help. If you're worried about flies or other creatures getting into the culture, just put a mesh over top of Jar. your culture will probably take two weeks To break down and get established. Also Collins method will work well. For me, it's too much faffing about. infusoria are in almost every aquarium when i start up a culture. I get it established within six days. All you need is a jar of aquarium water. Green water will Help speed the process up 1, Add a very small piece of aquatic plant to water. 2, If you don't have plans add a small piece of algae. 3, Or add a small amount of gunk from fish tank filter, Whichever method is used, add a small amount of Brewers yeast Mix water with yeast turn to liquid Then add two pipet of liquid to culture,
I don't no what to do now lol soo I think am going to poor the jar out wash it out fill a 3rd with water from my fry tank?? And add a bit of the plastic plants with a bit of dirt on it?? Leave the lid of and then what just let it sit for a couple days? buy this time I will have been paid and be able to go and buy some lol

First of all, you have too much veg in the jar. Also having the lid on it Is probably not going to help. If you're worried about flies or other creatures getting into the culture, just put a mesh over top of Jar. your culture will probably take two weeks To break down and get established. Also Collins method will work well. For me, it's too much faffing about. infusoria are in almost every aquarium when i start up a culture. I get it established within six days. All you need is a jar of aquarium water. Green water will Help speed the process up 1, Add a very small piece of aquatic plant to water. 2, If you don't have plans add a small piece of algae. 3, Or add a small amount of gunk from fish tank filter, Whichever method is used, add a small amount of Brewers yeast Mix water with yeast turn to liquid Then add two pipet of liquid to culture,
I have no yeast would it work without it

I've got some willow moss which isn't technically a tropical plant, but my corydoras are all over it, all day, everyday almost.

I have no yeast would it work without it
Yes, it can work. There are many different ways of feeding infusoia i use yeast because it's easier and quicker to set up the culture Flake food spirulina can be added, If you're feeling egg yolk, there is no need to feed infusoia How are you feeling the egg yolk to fry ?
As already been mentioned, you can feed them on micro worms / brine shrimp after a few days old

I dry my excess duckweed to feed my paramecium cultures and it works great . You could put some into your fry tank too but be very aware of fouling the water from over feeding or overcompensating for whatever deficiencies you might think of . It‘s a bit of a balancing act .
duck weed is a very good food for apple snails they have produced 4 heaps of eggs in the last two weeks.

Yes, it can work. There are many different ways of feeding infusoia i use yeast because it's easier and quicker to set up the culture Flake food spirulina can be added, If you're feeling egg yolk, there is no need to feed infusoia How are you feeling the egg yolk to fry ?
As already been mentioned, you can feed them on micro worms / brine shrimp after a few days old

So will they be OK on egg yolk for another week or so and its hard boiled only using the yolk and I put a little bit in some tights and rub between my fingers in the tank

Most reactions

Back