Which Kind Of Water Testing Medium Do You Use?

Which kind of water testing medium do you use?

• Paper strips

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water testing vials

Votes: 34 81.0%
  • Mainly strips with some water testing vials

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Mainly water testing vials with some strips

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • I don't test my water

Votes: 2 4.8%

• Total voters

CoryLover95

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hey guys!
Just interested to see which kind of water testing medium you use for your aquarium.  If you wouldn't mind posting which brand you use, I would highly appreciate it.
Thanks,
-CL95

I use API as well.

Personally, I wouldn't bother with test strips; they're not that accurate, and many don't include an ammonia test, which is vital.

API also. Did try a Nutrafin kit which told me that there was zero ammonia in the tank when API said otherwise. So will stick with API.

DJH584 said:
API also. Did try a Nutrafin kit which told me that there was zero ammonia in the tank when API said otherwise. So will stick with API.
Did the API tell you that you were at 0.25ppm?  The liquid test kit is sometimes too accurate and the smallest amount will register 0.25 ( most people ignore this )

I use the API kit as well, I dont have a hardness kit but I need to pick one up

phantomlink said:
Did the API tell you that you were at 0.25ppm?  The liquid test kit is sometimes too accurate and the smallest amount will register 0.25 ( most people ignore this )

I use the API kit as well, I dont have a hardness kit but I need to pick one up
Without trying to take the thread off topic, after a water change the level is below 0.25 and then creeps up to that level and beyond after 24 hours.

Api, some consider expensive but they last ages

API once\twice weekly, but also use strips daily more as an early warning that would prompt another API check. I dont have a hardness tester which is something i'm looking for, can anyone recommend one?

API should so sponsor us :p

OptimusPrime said:
API once\twice weekly, but also use strips daily more as an early warning that would prompt another API check. I dont have a hardness tester which is something i'm looking for, can anyone recommend one?
Do you mean a hardness tester strip or a hardness liquid kit?  If you mean strip, Tetra EasyStrips have 6 tests which include hardness.

fluttermoth said:
API should so sponsor us
tongue2.gif
API and Prime (Seachem) ;)

Most reactions

Back