Which Is It Fungus Or Ick

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

nsdftopdog

Reaction score
Went Down To Local Pet Store.
Described What Is ailing My One Tank They Said Ick Treated For past 2 Weeks.No Better.
Went Back Said No Better Now They Say Fungus.
Started Out White Dots On North American chilids.All Over Their Body,Treated With Wardleys,ick Away,Did Not Seem To Work,Went To Jungle Ick Clear,Between The 2 Products Treated For 2 Weeks Still No Change Excpt Now One Oscar And Red Tail Shark Have It.
Now Have Gone To JungleFungus Clear as Of 10 Hours Ago.
Have Been Doing 25% Water Changes,siphon off Bottom Of Tank Every Other Day,Now This Stuff Is Going On Their bodies,Eyes,Tails. I Know Tink Pet Store Is Full Of Bull Or The Help Does Not Know What To Do.Thought About Bagging Them And Taking Them To The Pet Store Or The Vets To Get Them Some Help As it Is Really Getting To The Wife

Have you read my pinned topic concerning ICH?
Whilst the treatment has been going on, do you still have your filters with carbon in it still working?

For Got To Mention Took The Carbon Filter Out,Left Fiter Run For Circulation And Raised The Temp To76
This Is A List Of Fish In Tank
2 Albino oscars
2tiger oscars
1red tail shark
1 percosomus
2 north american cillits

Have you read my article diseases :D If not follow my sig

I don't think the Wardley Ick Away is a good product to use...it contains Malachite Green- and from what I've read it's carcinogenic to fish and humans...it will kill your beneficial bacteria as well...that's just what I've read...take it for what it's worth...
E

nsdftopdog said:
For Got To Mention Took The Carbon Filter Out,Left Fiter Run For Circulation And Raised The Temp To76
This Is A List Of Fish In Tank
2 Albino oscars
2tiger oscars
1red tail shark
1 percosomus
2 north american cillits
That's a lot of large, messy fish. I do hope you have a large tank with heavy-duty filtration to go with them?

Also, IMHO your temperature is a bit low and low temperature can lead to fungus and ich. If you raised it to 76F I would assume it was normally kept lower than that?

To treat ich I'd raise the temperature to 80-82F, and normally keep the temperature at 76-78F.

Also check your water parameters - with messy fish like that there is a big danger or an ammonia or nitrite spike even in an apparently cycled tank. Check your ammonia, nitrite and nitrate and increase water changes if there are any problems.

Well Im Back Lost My 2 RedTigerOscars And My Red Tail Shark
Pet Store Started By Telling Me It Was Ick Treated Ick For 2 Weeks Than They Tell Me Fungus Treated For That.Finally After 3 Weeks Of Treatment Mutt,Jeff,Pete Gave Up.Than I Learned All Fish Have Some Ick In them And Stress Brings It Out.
Also Learned If You Put 1 teaspoon of aquarium Salt To 5 Gallons Of Water This Is Suspose To Help Keep Your Slime Coat ON Your Fish Dont Know If This Is True Or Not.
Buy I Thank Every Body Who Tried To Help And Gave Advice

Top_Dog

Most reactions

Back