Which Internal Filter For Rena 60L ?

Applecart

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hello :D

Can anyone suggest a decent internal filter for a Rena 60 Litre regtangular tank?
I'll eventually switch it to an external like the great value 1000Litre SunSun,
but for now, I'd like a QUIET almost silent, but decent internal filter.
The tank will be for either 8 Guppies, Mollies, or Endlers, and lightly planted with low light plants, with sand as subs.
I've got other tanks for fry should that happen.

I've got a few well used filters ( Interpet PF1, Fluval 1+, Fluval3, Fluval4+ )
but they've all seen better days and need new media ( apart from the PF1 ).

I was wondering if a Fluval U2 would be too bulky or noisey?

I suppose I could be asking too much really, a quiet and efficient filter that will leave the water clear :D

Hello :D

Can anyone suggest a decent internal filter for a Rena 60 Litre regtangular tank?
I'll eventually switch it to an external like the great value 1000Litre SunSun,
but for now, I'd like a QUIET almost silent, but decent internal filter.
The tank will be for either 8 Guppies, Mollies, or Endlers, and lightly planted with low light plants, with sand as subs.
I've got other tanks for fry should that happen.

I've got a few well used filters ( Interpet PF1, Fluval 1+, Fluval3, Fluval4+ )
but they've all seen better days and need new media ( apart from the PF1 ).

I was wondering if a Fluval U2 would be too bulky or noisey?

I suppose I could be asking too much really, a quiet and efficient filter that will leave the water clear :D
I use a Fluval U2, it is silent and I mean silent!! It has 3 settings too, the top spout with venturi (noisy) middle buit in vertical spraybar and bottom spout.
It has a cage in the middle for ceramic rings and before that carbon/fine filter bit (I don't use these as have to replace every 6 weeks because of the carbon, I just cut up a piece of fine filter wool/sponge to size and place that there instead) before that is a coarse filter sponge, check it out.

i have a fluval U2 and strongnly recommend it for the money and it is very quiet

garry

Decided I'll just buy the All Ponds Solutions 1000EF ( SunSun HW-302 ) since I already have one and it's very quiet, and holds 5 litres of water/filter media volume. A retailer is selling them new on auction site including filter media etc for £50 inc free delivery. I figure it'll give me a bit more space, and then opens up the possibility of using an external inline heater also to keep the tank free from clutter.

How much mature filter floss do you think it'd be safe to take from my rio 180's filter to kickstart the new one when it arrives? The Rio is well stocked and has been running more than a year with bi-monthly filter cleaning.

Most reactions

Back