Which heater and heater cover?

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Salty&Onion

Fish Aficionado
Reaction score
Hi, I always thought of getting Eheim Jager one, but which wattage for my 125L tank?
Here the link to Jager one:

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Eheim-Jager-Aquarium-Fish-Tank-Heater-Thermometer-Freshwater-Marine-All-Sizes/361068938917?epid=5034423438&hash=item541162c6a5:m:mC7TTkAGH4Y37G3W3eS5_Dg

And I also found a heater with a heater cover:

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Aquarium-Heater-Quartz-Glass-Fish-Tank-Submersible-Thermostat-Plastic-Cover/392695044758?hash=item5b6e72da96:m:mIfGG4m5MXHVAzFZRHTTJpQ

Heater with heater cover one is only available in only 200 , 100 , and 300 watts. Which wattage should I get for my 125 L tank then? I've set my eyes more on the second non-Jager one as it is cheap and comes already with a cover. My tank will be tighlty packed with plants.

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
It won't overheat cos of the thermostat but the choice is yours. If money is tight grab the bargain, if not get the bigger one.

Given the consequences of failure I would go with the eheim. For most fish (and heaters) a cover really isn't a big deal.

Not knocking the cheaper one BTW - I have one that looks identical and its been perfect. But I do have additional protection against failure so if the heater or thermostat fails my fish will be fine.

Given the consequences of failure I would go with the eheim. For most fish (and heaters) a cover really isn't a big deal.

Not knocking the cheaper one BTW - I have one that looks identical and its been perfect. But I do have additional protection against failure so if the heater or thermostat fails my fish will be fine.
I'm gonna have kuhlis and they could be near the heater and get burned. I actually have to get the Jager one.. I'll need to wait couple of weeks now to get it.

Most reactions

Back