Which External For Juwel Vision 260?

I'd go tetratec, having used Ehiem, Fluval, Rena and Tetratec. I have found them easy to use and quiet. Most on here advise Eheim, but I have had a realy bad run with them :sad: Rena are also OK, but you find channeling issues, poor media supplied and the main seals require regular replacement to keep things watertight. :sly:

Fluval are stubbon bits of s**t that are also high-maintanance. Though they haven't given me any reliability issues, worryingly few 05's (or 04's for that matter) make it past 3 years without leaking :no:

IMO a Tetratec EX1200 would be my choice. There will be a few Eheims recomended shortly though.....

All the best
Rabbut

Thanks, that's the filter I've been looking at :good: Seems to get all good results so if anyone knows of any bad points of the EX1200 I'd be pleased to hear them.

Might have to try looking for a second hand one though as likely to be short on funds for a while, still in no rush I suppose *sits on hands staring at an empty tank*

one word EHEIM

Wondered how long it would take for you to show up T1KARMANN. Perhapse you could help the poster by being a little more specific on a modle that you think suited. There are several Ehiems to choose from, and unless you know what you are doing with them, you can easily fall foul of buying one not suited to what you are using it for :nod: ....

Avoid thermo filters like the plague, they are fairly new, and every manufacturer of them are having issues ATM. Everything from sensors on the Eheims to the elements themselves in the Aquaone's are failing for cutomers, which isn't good :no: If you want in-line heating, get a Hydor in-line heater. It's not the cheapest way of heating your tank mind, any you have already said you are on a budget. This leads me to suspect that you won't be able to afford an Eheim mind......

Only critisisum I've heard of the Tetratec's, is that the Inlet and Outlet's aren't the best quality. IMO they are fine, as good as Rena's solution to the issue, and they do the job admirably :nod:

All the best
Rabbut

no way go for the tetratec ex1200 best externals ever i got 2 on my large marine

one word EHEIM

Which model would you recc?

I would like to find a good bargain but also want the best for my tank.

do a little reasurch most eheims tell you what size tank they are for

look at the pro 2 you wont go far wrong

one word EHEIM

Wondered how long it would take for you to show up T1KARMANN. Perhapse you could help the poster by being a little more specific on a modle that you think suited. There are several Ehiems to choose from, and unless you know what you are doing with them, you can easily fall foul of buying one not suited to what you are using it for :nod: ....

Avoid thermo filters like the plague, they are fairly new, and every manufacturer of them are having issues ATM. Everything from sensors on the Eheims to the elements themselves in the Aquaone's are failing for cutomers, which isn't good :no: If you want in-line heating, get a Hydor in-line heater. It's not the cheapest way of heating your tank mind, any you have already said you are on a budget. This leads me to suspect that you won't be able to afford an Eheim mind......

Only critisisum I've heard of the Tetratec's, is that the Inlet and Outlet's aren't the best quality. IMO they are fine, as good as Rena's solution to the issue, and they do the job admirably :nod:

All the best
Rabbut

do you work for tetratec

i only say good things about eheim because i have had 10yrs of good service from them

how long has your tetratec been running again :rolleyes:

im not going down the same old road again eheim have the best rep in the filter market FACT

if you want a budget filter with no track record and your local fishshop may not stock parts for if you need theM fast buy tetratec if you want the best money can buy its eheim you want

Another vote Eheim

I run 3 on my 550litre tank :)

the two 2215's i've got i've never had no problems with ever at all and getting parts is a piece of p***

the 2026 is working perfect aswell but the seal is a bit dodgy (second hand) it doesn't let water out but air does get in but i will be buying and new seal as soon as i get paid :)

do you work for tetratec

Nope, actualy work in an LFS part time, and the rest as a freelance sound and lighting engineer :good:

i only say good things about eheim because i have had 10yrs of good service from them

how long has your tetratec been running again :rolleyes:

6 months, so they have outlasted the two Eheims I had :shifty:

im not going down the same old road again eheim have the best rep in the filter market FACT

I won't dispute that :nod:

if you want a budget filter with no track record and your local fishshop may not stock parts for if you need theM fast buy tetratec if you want the best money can buy its eheim you want

All my LFS's only carry Fluval parts, and the inlets and outlet parts for everyone else. My place of work only stock them because they sell..... :sly: Nobody seems interested in anything else. Any part that isn't a Fluval one will sit on the shelf for months. After asking a couple of competitors, I've realised that they have found the same.... :unsure:

All the best
Rabbut

I bought my tetratec ex1200 today (even less money now) but only cost me £59 in local shop, couldn't turn that down!

Cheers for all your help

Vicki

They've acctualy beaten internet prices :hyper: Are they closing down, doing a special offer or is that their normal price? Will be heading in your direction late next month, and am supposed to be setting up a 300l for a friend the month after... May be worth me visuiting that shop for them since I'd be passing....

All the best
Rabbut

Most reactions

Back