Which Bottom Darkness For Gravel Sub.

G-skrilla

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Which Bottomdwellers are best for a gravel substrate. I mean I know corys like sand but can't they thrive on gravel also??

Cory's and loach tend to be diggers so really benefit from sand substrate. It's not that you can't keep them on gravel as long as it's not sharp just that they would prefer sand. Have you got you heart set on gravel sub ?

Personally I wouldn't keep cory's on gravel but then I could happily spend hours watching panda cories snuffling through the sand and making little sand holes to chill out in.

Im pretty set on gravel. I cycled the tank and it's ready to roll. Which bottom dweller do you like on gravel? I love the panda corys.

Our tank goes all the way with bottom darkness, having a pure black substrate.

The stuff we have though is too sharp-edged for corys. They like mud, fine soft sand or very well worn stream gravel that has weathered for years and has no sharp edges. This keeps their barbels from being torn and scratched. When I put my hand in different gravels, I find that some can be quite smooth, whereas other types can come close to cutting my fingers.

~~waterdrop~~

Most reactions

Back