Which Air Pump?

Steecy

Reaction score
I`m looking for a new air pump but would like it to be as quiet as possible, it will only be used to air a couple of air stones so let me know what air pumps you are all using and if they are quiet or not.
Thanks Steecy

I have used a few brands of airpump, and have found the Rena range to be the quietest.

Cheers squidward, will check out the rena.
I got given a small interpet aqua mini and its sounds like a small lawn mower. lol

Out of the airpumps i got,I have found the tetratec aps 150 airpump the quietest :good:

The Azoo 9500 is a big, quiet pump. Under $20 on drsfostersmith, around $13 when on sale.

I have used a few brands of airpump, and have found the Rena range to be the quietest.

Out of the airpumps i got,I have found the tetratec aps 150 airpump the quietest :good:

this is how it goes when you ask this question. there seems no consistency, even between the same model of pump. I guess its down to poor quality control.. I know this does not direct you to a perticular pump, but if you can ask the LFS which pumps they have rumming,. and see how they sound. but its best if they will run the one you want. unfortunately the customer is no longer "always right" so most will say no. if they do, go somewhere else!.

It also depends on how many someone tries. People don't find a pump they like and keep looking. If they find one that is quiet enough and provides enough air they stop. This usually only takes trying one or two pumps.

Most reactions

Back