Where's A Really Good Place To Buy Stock Online?

phistar

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
hi everyone! :hey:

i was just sitting around the house thinking of where i can go to get new fishes... -_-

the thing is that mostly all the LFS here are selling the same fishes all the time and it's getting quite boring... :/

it's once in a while that they get special shipment of fishes, but i always somehow miss it... :sad:

i'm located here in the USA(philadelphia) and wanted to know if you guys would recommending a website/s that is reputable for quality, selection, pricing & all that good stuff... :nod:

so thanks alot for reading my thread! :good: :good:

I have a few...but they're at my house....

When I get home I'll give you the links :D.

There's always aquabid though.

Ask your LFS to get you something interesting in. They will ask what you want and you can give them the name of a fish that you want. Most shops can get in a huge variety of different fishes but don't because many unusual fish don't sell. The shops want their tanks full of fish people are going to buy all the time. They don't want tanks taken up with an eel or a cichlid that is going to sit there for 6 months.
Sorry I don't mean to sound harsh.
Just ask your LFS for something different. They might even let you look at the wholesale list and you can go nuts drooling over what is available. :)

liveaquaria.com is very good, and is highly recommended throught the U.S, they have a very wide range of stock.

I have a few...but they're at my house....

When I get home I'll give you the links :D .

There's always aquabid though.
alright thanks! :good:

liveaquaria.com is very good, and is highly recommended throught the U.S, they have a very wide range of stock.
yea, i've been there before... have you heard anything on the quality of their stocking?

thanks! :good:

Hi phistar :)

There are some very good sellers on AquaBid. I sometimes follow the action in the cory section if I think I will be wanting to buy some in the near future. That way I can get an idea on who's selling and what kind of prices fish are going for.

Here's an old thread I made about an experience I had with liveaquaria.com:

http://www.fishforums.net/content/forum/11...ising-The-Dead/

I live outside NYC and travel regularly to Wilmington, DE for weekend visits with friends. There are two good sellers I have bought fish from in N. Philly. One specializes in discus but also deals in angels, tetras , corys and a few other things. The other does a pretty good assortment of fish and plants. They both have web sites as well.

vladdiscus
and
anubiasdesign,com

Oh yes! Anubiasdesign.com is good. :nod:

So is franksaquarium.com and corysrus.com :thumbs:

Most reactions

Back