Where To Buy Lr?

gourami5

Reaction score
If any of you guys buy LR online, please let me know where you buy it and what is your experience with the rocks.

Or if you live in bay area in Northern California and buy LR from LFS, please let me know the name of the store. Thanks in advance.

Best rock money can buy in the states is from tampabaysaltwater.com. You pay a pretty penny but its really good. I've also heard good things about premiumaquatics.com rocks.

have you heard of oceanproaquatics.com? Their price seems pretty cheap.

I've heard liveaquaria has better fiji rock than Premium aquatics. :dunno:
I'm gonna buy my rock from Premium aquatics... only because they sell it cured.

Never heard of oceanproaquatics... :dunno:

Would get a second opinion on oceanpro, I really don't know much about marine but I can tell you more often than not cheap price means cheap quality.

Quote from website:
Recommended Care:
We highly recommend first, that you read our FREE live rock care package specifically written to make your getting the most out of your rock enjoyable and not work. You will need lighting at least 4 watts per gallon of water with 50% being Super Actinic 03 Blue and 50% Super Day Light 10,000k. Necessary supplements are Iodine, Strontium, Molybdenum and liquid Calcium. Smaller all-in-one packages by Seachem and Kent Marine are available for nano systems. Purchase these items through us at wholesale and we will ship them with your rock FREE of any additional shipping charge! When ordering these items at the same time you place your order for your rock, our system will automatically deduct the shipping costs for you, so get your supplements now. They truly are needed. One final note, when cleaning your rock, we highly recommend the use of RockPrepâ„¢ to clean and detoxify the rock and PurpleUpâ„¢ in addition to the above supplements to pull even stronger blue and purple coralline algae out from the rock. Have a question, click the link for a live help customer representative to your left now or call (800)722-0421.

Sounds like they get you to buy the lr, plus a ton of other unnecessary crap for $15 a bottle. It also doesn't say whether the rock is cured or not. I wouldn't trust them.

LRC, local reef club. got my rock 3.00 a pound and it came out of some guys refugium, tons of pods and filter feeders and sand sifters and sea slugs and bristle worms. It even came with a mushroom coral....

Look on other forums for people closing down their tank i have seen loads @ £4-£6 a KG. Up to 100KGs so thats something to think about

live-rock.co.uk cheap prices and free delivery.

Bought from them before, quality.

where in the bay area do you live? there are plenty of fish shops in sf that have good live rock. theres a place near ccsf called aquatic central which has pretty good lr. lots of tonga branch and there are some big chunks of fiji there too. in chinatown, there is a shop called pet central, but i dont know how good their lr is, its like a a dollar cheaper than most other places though. imo, it just looks like a block of cement. i think 6th ave aquarium has some too, but im pretty sure its bad stuff because all their fish are sick and like half dead or fully dead :sick:

Most reactions

Back