Where Is The Best (and Cheapest) Place To Buy Filter Floss?

danweeks1980

Reaction score
Hi all,

Does anyone know where the best, and cheapest place is to buy filter floss is?

Cheers :good:

Dan

anywhere that sells pond supplies. you get a massive wedge of filter floss/wool designed for a pond filter for about £2 and it'll last tyou ages cos there's so much of it.

Didn't Rooster or somebody one time say you just walk right into the bedding or crafts section (or whatever) at the back of Walmart and look for these huge plastic bags of stuffing for pillows? Seems like it was exactly the same sythetic fluff as is used in aquarium or pond filters. Seems like the usual checks apply, that you want it pure and no funny coloring or whatever else they might do...

~~waterdrop~~

I only spent a couple of bucks for aquarium branded stuff at a LFS. Since I only use a small amount in my power filters and reuse it after swirling/cleaning it in old tank water, the bag will last forever.

ebay is the cheapest around i bought some from this seller best.quality.filtering search them if they dont have any in shop message them and they will get it for you
Hope this helps :thumbs:

I paid like $2.50 for a huge package of poly fil at Wal-Mart. It's in the crafts section.

That's what I use. You can ask triple the price, and get it for anything you state is for aquariums or aquatics.

I have to agree with Tolak and Drobbyb. The sewing department of any discount store will sell you several years worth of "filter floss" under the name of polyfill for next to nothing.

Most reactions

Back