Where Do I Stand,regarding My Tank Problem And Lfs?

no point givein them hell, they low stock they dont get fast deliveries.. go elsewhere
Of course they could ask for a refund, if they dig their heels in then what?

as i said go elsewhere... obvioulsy dont mean waiting do i

its fluval that made the tank not the LFS , they stock prob on an as and when situ.. dont get ur point mate,,,

i would like to add that they have the tank in there store but not the stand!!

i havent accepted it as the inlet/outlet come up through the bottom of the tank!!!

im not putting it on my existing stand,as thats faulty too,and that would mean another change once the new stand arrives!!!

they have admitted to me that they have had problems like this before on the same tank,so they no there is a problem

im not impatient,i have a leaking tank,a dodgy stand,a damp carpet and 15 fish. let alone a 6 month old,2 jobs and a partridge in a pear tree,lol

i just dont need this hassle!! like i said im away from friday,i need a permanent aquarium by then so i dont need to worry

:fun: I expected this...

you are only entitled to a refund "cos you changed your mind" art the discrettion of the managment
Nope tis a fact. If you return goods that have not been used you can get a refund in consumer law. How willing or not the shop is to do it is another matter but in my experience if you right a nice letter saying you will take them to court for the refund they soon invite you back to pick it up. You can't screw with the law.

overnight rush?? :lol: :lol: what you on pla.. his tank is leaking.. how`s that his problem.... dont tell me , he should have bought 2 to be on the safe side :lol:
I did not say it was or was not his fault I merely stated that if they dig their heels in on a refund once the goods are used its a long hard road to prove they were not misused and caused the leak, etc.

Anyone else on the same page as me?

they have admitted to me that they have had problems like this before on the same tank,so they no there is a problem

Thanks for the clarification but the bit I quoted above is your recourse to refund should you wish to choose it. Goods known to be faulty = refund hard to give up even after use. If you choose refund get it quick as they will be less likely to give it once they have recieved the replacement goods. Good luck.

I would recommend "if they have had problems like this before" then you should choose another tank anyway.

doubt it.. your one of them... i know the law so manners out the door kind... is it the lfs at fault?? no!!!
he can wait or he can have his cash.. end of..

i think you will find if you go to a lot of stores.. there is NO law that requires them to refund you cos you changed your mond or dont like it.,. but whats that got to do with this, its faulty.. hes entitled to a refund.

you are only entitled to a refund "cos you changed your mind" art the discrettion of the managment
Nope tis a fact. If you return goods that have not been used you can get a refund in consumer law. How willing or not the shop is to do it is another matter but in my experience if you right a nice letter saying you will take them to court for the refund they soon invite you back to pick it up. You can't screw with the law.

overnight rush?? :lol: :lol: what you on pla.. his tank is leaking.. how`s that his problem.... dont tell me , he should have bought 2 to be on the safe side :lol:
I did not say it was or was not his fault I merely stated that if they dig their heels in on a refund once the goods are used its a long hard road to prove they were not misused and caused the leak, etc.

On the same page as you but you can only return goods by law if they have been used if purchased online / over the phone under the distance selling laws and that period is only 7 days - if purchased in a shop it is up to the retailer to have a returns policy and if that says we won't refund them only exchange or credit note then that is fine

Its a nightmare - I was sent on a trading standards course last year by my employer as I kept refunding peoples stuff

no point givein them hell, they low stock they dont get fast deliveries.. go elsewhere
Of course they could ask for a refund, if they dig their heels in then what?
as i said go elsewhere... obvioulsy dont mean waiting do i

its fluval that made the tank not the LFS , they stock prob on an as and when situ.. dont get ur point mate,,,

I don't understand the first line shelaghfishface but my name is BenPursglove and I refer you to my earlier posts. Sheesh, I was just trying to offer my best advice rather than get lol'd / flamed by a lady with an arm growing out her chin. Can't we just be fwiends?

i dont care if your name is mr chamber of commerce.. dont give rubbish advice

and if you want o play insults pal.. on ya go

Heres how you stand

Your product is faulty - if your within what the shop calls a reasonable time scale then refund if you wish - if after that period they can exchange or offer a suitable alternative if they wish

Not up to you yet I am afraid

If you give them a fair time to sort you out an exchange and they are still messing you around then you can ask for a refund but its a long process

i dont care if your name is mr chamber of commerce.. dont give rubbish advice

and if you want o play insults pal.. on ya go
In your opinion is that my opinion was rubbish advice. I believe it to be sound as the OP asked for "what is my recourse". Thats the thing with opinions you see, they are opinions. If you wish to continue this I suggest we take it offline and both stop spoiling the OP's thread :good:

:lol:

i apologised via pm.. ill have you kno.. he asked me what my problem was .. i dont have a problem :)
lke i said any further comms can be taken via a mod-ben

On the same page as you but you can only return goods by law if they have been used if purchased online / over the phone under the distance selling laws and that period is only 7 days - if purchased in a shop it is up to the retailer to have a returns policy and if that says we won't refund them only exchange or credit note then that is fine
Its a nightmare - I was sent on a trading standards course last year by my employer as I kept refunding peoples stuff

Completely wrong, the law does not state anything about a time period of 7 days 28 days or a year for that matter if the goods are faulty, the 7 day colling off period is for distance selling and it allows you to return the product without having to give a reason, you can change you mind. If you buy from a shop and you want to get a refund and it does not have a fault then the shop can say get lost.

If the product is faulty you can take it back and say that you want a full refund. they can not refuse if the goods are faulty. it does not matter what signs they have up regarding returns policy or 28 days or what ever period. Heck you don't even have to have a receipt.

I know some one who bought a kettle from a well know electrical retailer and it failed after 14 months thye took it back and asked for a refund, they where told no. Him being a solicitor told them that if they did not refund him the money he would take them to the small claims court - they refunded in full.

The law does have a period called 'acceptence' that is the period of time from when you purchased the product to when it isgenerally accepted that it 'is of merchantable quality' this is the only grey area and usually 6 months is deemed to be an acceptable period.

Completely wrong, the law does not state anything about a time period of 7 days 28 days or a year for that matter if the goods are faulty, the 7 day colling off period is for distance selling and it allows you to return the product without having to give a reason, you can change you mind. If you buy from a shop and you want to get a refund and it does not have a fault then the shop can say get lost.

If the product is faulty you can take it back and say that you want a full refund. they can not refuse if the goods are faulty. it does not matter what signs they have up regarding returns policy or 28 days or what ever period. Heck you don't even have to have a receipt.

I know some one who bought a kettle from a well know electrical retailer and it failed after 14 months thye took it back and asked for a refund, they where told no. Him being a solicitor told them that if they did not refund him the money he would take them to the small claims court - they refunded in full.

The law does have a period called 'acceptence' that is the period of time from when you purchased the product to when it isgenerally accepted that it 'is of merchantable quality' this is the only grey area and usually 6 months is deemed to be an acceptable period.

Its not quite as straight forward as you say

Eg if you buy a mobile phone and it goes faulty, the retailer doesn't have to replace it or exchange it - it will be repaired under its warranty period. Not all items are the same though as not all retailers can provide a service of repair where they are acredited by the manufacturer to do so for the warranty

Im just going to throw it out there and say that it might not be the shops fault that there will be a delay on the stand.

If it was me, id have the tank and just store it in my house and wait for the stand.

But you said yours was leaking...

Id see if you could just get a discount on the whole thing and go somewhere else for a stand or something.

Are there any fish in the tank? If not, id just drain it and wait.

Most reactions

Back