Where do i get fish from

Chaos bringer

Reaction score
:huh: I keep asking people if they know where to get saltwater fish from i was thinking about starting but without anywhere to get fish i may as well just have freshwater

Chaos bringer said:
:huh: I keep asking people if they know where to get saltwater fish from i was thinking about starting but without anywhere to get fish i may as well just have freshwater
wheres your location, i can get to about 7 fish shops that sell marine fish all within half an hours drive :)

Leek, Wooton Warickshire or Leek in Staffordshire?

If it's Leek in Staffordshire - you want Ripples at Bridgemere Garden World. Great selection of very healthy marines. That's where mine will be coming from :)

I didn't think Bridgemere had marines - where are they?

There are quite a few marine stockists within a reasonably short drive of Leek

Aquatics Direct - Congleton - probably closest to you
Cheshire Waterlife
Garden Centre between Nantwich and Cheshire Waterlife - can't remember name but is good for non reef fish
Various shops around manchester if you want to go that far
Shirley Aquatics - East Birmingham - very good selection of equipment and fish
Aquatic and pet warehouse - Swadlincote

I didnt think bridgemere did marines either, i heard rumors that they were thinking of changing their set-up to marines but not heard that they had!, i hope its better than the FW fish they did, cause they were crap, and poorly looked after!
Cheshire waterlife is ok, one of the 5 i visit on my rounds every week,
the garden centre fraservet mentioned is called wyevale, theyre not too bad, do some corals aswell, shirley aquatics - Hmmmm!, good BUT expensive and few marine staff, i waited an hour to just get a coral! :grr: (well 2, but i really liked it, and it was during work so didnt really care).
Aquatics direct are the same.
Also just off jcn.11 on the M6 is hollybush garden centre, they have quite alot of tank, but the staff are a bit err?, shall we say "dim" (come off at jcn.11, head towards willenhall, its about 1 min away off mway. Kidsgrove tropicals, tiny little shop, but they can have a good little selection sometimes, AND aquaworld in warrington, theyre useless, STE2K3 works there, he's also useless, hasnt a clue what he's on about! ;) :lol: :lol: :lol: , nah!, theyre very good, will answer any dumb question you have ( so they always talk to me! :rolleyes: )
leon

Bridgemere DO do marines, just been, and its quite good, a fair few tanks. Just got an algae and flymo blennie, a nice fan worm and a decorator crab!

Yes, bridgemere have marines - and the new shop is way way better than the old one. But, better than that - a weekend visitor will get the pleasure of me serving them :p But the fish are good, whatever the staff :p

Most reactions

Back