Where Can I Get Pure Ammonia In Uk?

been reding up on fish less cycling.wanna do a "recipe" but need to get some pure ammonia.where tho????

most boots stores sell this stuff off the shelf. Have to go into the chemists area. You may find it in larger chain chemists also, but boots is the only definate place I've read about that sells it...

I got mine in Homebase. It isn't *pure* ammonia though in the sense of 100% ammonia - it is sold as 10% ( or 9.95% or somesuch) ammonia solution. However, the stuff that I bought only had water in it - certainly no soaps or anything. Worked fine :good:

Small, independent hardware shops often have it, too - but often it is tucked away (it isn't exactly a top-selling number :lol: and you might have to ask for it.

try asking at your local lfs and all you get is them trying to sell you live bacteria, they dont want to listen about a fishless cycle :(

I got mine in Homebase. It isn't *pure* ammonia though in the sense of 100% ammonia - it is sold as 10% ( or 9.95% or somesuch) ammonia solution. However, the stuff that I bought only had water in it - certainly no soaps or anything. Worked fine :good:

Same here go to HB. £1.99 if I recall.

been reding up on fish less cycling.wanna do a "recipe" but need to get some pure ammonia.where tho????
got mine in robert dyers it is called jeyes KLEEN OFF pure amonia i did my fishless cycle with it worked a treat.

Yep, I got mine in Homebase too! It's with other household cleaning products. £1.98 ish? Called "Household Ammonia" in a white bottle with a blue top.

Most reactions

Back