Where Can I Get A 72 Inch Tank

Tetraking

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Where do people find the bigger tanks. What i am trying to price up is a 72in L x 16in H x 12in W, or close to this i will be building the stand so i just want the tank and lid, i could get a lid built aswell but would prefer to buy. I have been searching the net and can't seem to find any tanks near that size, nor can i find a tank sold seperately from the stand. While i was seaching i did come across one site that does build tanks out of acrylic, but that has just given me more questions, which is better that or glass?

It would be better if i could get hold of a tank like this in the UK to aviod massive postage, but if they are outside i guess it would'nt hurt to price it up with postage to see how much difference it would make.

well thats a very odd shaped tank. Normally, if your getting a six foot tank, its gonna be much wider and taller then that... so your bext bet for something that exact size, is to go to a specialty tank manufacturer to make it for you or buy the glass/acrylic and put it together yourself.

Ox :good:

odd size, i did'nt know it was, would it work? i was thinking of getting the glass and building one but am concerned i would not make a decent job of it, leaks and horrible looking seals would be a nightmere. i chose the size because i have a tank at the moment that is 32in L x 16in H x 12in W i just want it much longer across the wall its near.

Ya, it will work, but if you look at this Chart of Common Tank Sizes, you'll see the smallest 72" tank is the 100G with 19" x 19" as the cross section. So your prob not gonna find this sized tank ready made in a store. If you contact your local glass/acrylic supplier, they can cut and prob even assemble the glass for you. There is prob also a tank builder in a major city near you, so just check out online to see if theres anything near you or can even just try the good ol phone book

Ox :good:

Thanks Ox, I will look into that, I cannot really have a tank as wide as 19 because of where its going so i do need to be fairly close to the size i said, 19 high would not be to much of a problem.

Wow.. that site looks perfect so far, i will not contact them just yet for a price, they can drill holes for equipment and all sorts of things, different thickness glass and so on, i will have to get much better plans before i get a quote.

BOSSAquatics.co.uk (could be .com) build tanks any size any shape and ship all over the UK for £40.
They're based in Falkirk and somewhere down south of the border too.

BOSSAquatics.co.uk (could be .com) build tanks any size any shape and ship all over the UK for £40.

Will take a look, thanks cubby :good: what would be best glass or acrylic, do they do both? that postage is very reasonable.

Will take a look, thanks cubby :good: what would be best glass or acrylic, do they do both? that postage is very reasonable.

I think they only do Glass. Couldn't tell you which is best but I would think it's a personal choice. I prefer glass.
BOSS can also produce bow fronts if you wanted.

Most reactions

Back