Where Can I Find Blue Crayfish? *California*

alex818

Reaction score
Hi, does anyone know where I can find blue crayfish? "Procambarus Alleni" species. I live in Los Angeles, CA.

Thanks!

I got one in my tank but I dont know where you can purchase one....sorry I'm in the UK. My advice is get one.....if you have to travel to get one...they are fascinating. when they shed their shell its like seeing a birth take place ...mine is about 7 inches long now and like moving all the plants around the tank.....he's wicked.

try this link
http://www.bluecrayfish.com/

good info there.....they might know a local stockist for you?

Post Note...there seems to be some law preventing the sale in California?....not too sure why ...check out the link

my LFS always has them in, not sure of scientific name, but they are called blue crayfish. im kinda far away though, sacramento, CA.

speaking of these blue crayfish. my LFS has them. i live in New York, USA. what are they compatible with?

I have 5 tiger barbs, 2 rosy barbs, 1 firemouth, 1 redtail shark, and 1 cuckoo catfish. would any of these fish clash with the blue crayfish? what are the down sides to having one of these blue crayfish?

- kip

All other crayfish and some blue crayfish will attack your fish... the species "Procambarus Alleni" is supposed to be the one thats ok for your tank of fish. They are from florida. If you happen to find that species, ask the LFS about it.

Hi Guys,

As stated above I have one and my advice is GET ONE TODAY! ...they are brilliant and really interesting. They have the occasional swipe at fish that bother them but I have a Pleccy,2 x T barbs a flying fox, a African green cichlid and 2 goldfish all in the same tank and they all get on fine. When they shed their skin ....once every other month... you will think he's died or you have 2 as the shell they leave is like a perfect copy of a real living lobster.....its brilliant...it eats catfish food and likes a bit of cover but real easy to keep....so dont wait....get one today!!!!

PS mine has grown from 3 inches to 7 inches in 2 months......dont know how long they live....reports are mixed...

Most reactions

Back