When?

H-Fish

Reaction score
When will my male fighter start building a bubble nest? its not a fast flowing tank and he has a female V interested in him but nothin is happening? how can i make it better for them?

He doesnt seem interested much at all, she is large think she has eggs in her!!!...Any ideas guys?

Pic of one of my females below!!!

Attachments

• Bettas 002.JPG
    Bettas 002.JPG
    82.5 KB · Views: 30
Are they in the same tank?

Do you have a picture of the female that is eggy?

The one in that picture looks a little bit stressed to me. I'm no betta expert by any means, but they look alot like stress stripes.

I dont sorry that pic was taken the day she was put in the tank, yes she and he are in the tank but they are fine have been for a few weeks im sorting out another tank for him to go in tho just waiting on funds!!!

She looks like that but bulging around the sides!!!

Does she have lines in the same direction as the female pictured?

The reason I'm asking is because even if they haven't attacked eachother yet that's no guarantee it'll stay that way. Also even if they don't fight, it's not normal for the fish to be together if they're not breeding so it could be causing some serious to stress.

Stressed fish probably wont breed.

Her Lines have gone, and she seems to be flirting with each other!!!

Not to sure really, her lines are the other way around so vertical lines and she is plump around the fin area, she is deffo flirting and so is he but he's NOT building a nest Y not??? lol... just want them to be happy, they arn't arguing as such lol and get on really well they have been ever since they saw each other...I no most ppl (98%) say dont put them together but they are fine no fighting no nothin just happy, yes for now! but they seem fine!!!...I have looked up about them and done a fair bit of research and some sites and ppl say its a no go and some say its fine, im gettin him a smaller tank for himself soon wen funds permit or my partner gets me a pressy!!! lol

Please let us see a pic of your male and the tank set up so we can help you :) splitting them up will almost certainly result in a bubblenest from him, if she is constantly in his face he is less likely to concentrate on making one, I'm intrigued to see how you are keeping them together in such harmony though :good:

Most reactions

Back