When Will He Get Better...... If?

bubblej17

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
ok so i treated my tank for dropsey as my black mollie ballooned up, i treated the tank followed all instructions and hes still huge im now very concerned and have moved him to a hospital tank i cannot retreat as it says the water needs to be well oxygenated and this tank has a built in not so powerful filter (not enough oxygen will get in) what can i do? i've never had to treat for this bacteria before? any advice would be great thanks in advance :rolleyes:

Chances are if he had dropsy he wouldn't be alive by now. You can't treat dropsy. It's like rabies. It kills, and in a very short amount of time. How is his balance? Are his scales sticking out? Has he been pooping? What are the exact stats of the water in ammonia, nitrate nitrite & ph?

Chances are if he had dropsy he wouldn't be alive by now. You can't treat dropsy. It's like rabies. It kills, and in a very short amount of time. How is his balance? Are his scales sticking out? Has he been pooping? What are the exact stats of the water in ammonia, nitrate nitrite & ph?

well im trying to treat him weather its curable or not i have to try, he's ballooned for about a week and a half now and all his scales are sticking out he looks so sorry for himself, bless, his balance is fine he''s also eating without any problems and all the levels in hospital tank are spot on nitrate is around 10 maybe slightly lower and ph is around 7.2, and he's pooping like theres no tomorrow, could it be anything else do you think?

Possibly SBD... AKA swim bladder disorder, in really bad cases sometimes the scales do ballon. His lack of lethargy makes me think that. Try fasting him for a few days, about three, and then feed him a pee.

ok i will try that, i've never given my fish peas before i know you de shell them do i cook it?? do they have to be frozen or can it be tinned? (all these questions for a single pea lol) sorry like i said ive never fed them peas before :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Frozen. What I do is I put them in a small bowl, pour just enough boiling water to cover them, wait about five minutes, then deshell them, smush them up and hope the fish eats em.

excellent thanks for that i will try it and let you know how i get on, :good: :good:one more question if it is/was dropsey he would of died by now right?? do it kill fast?

Mine always die within 24 hours of showing symptoms, preceded by bloating, lethargy, hiding, lack of appetite and pineconing.

Mine always die within 24 hours of showing symptoms, preceded by bloating, lethargy, hiding, lack of appetite and pineconing.

THATS WHAT I DONT GET...... HE'S HUGE AND POPPING SCALES BUT HE IS STILL SWIMMING FINE, EATING LIKE NORMAL,
LIKE I SAID I WILL FAST HIM THEN TRY A PEA,

Just out of interest. How did you get on?

hi thanks for asking! :rolleyes:

at the min he's still in the hospital tank and still a big balloon!! his dead scales are starting to come loose now (at least i think thats what they are) i starved him for 3 days and fed him a pea yesterday, could this be a case of swim bladder do you think or is it likely to be dropsy, im confused as he's still full of energy and eating normal!!!

NOOOOOOOO, I CAME DOWN THIS MORNING AND FOUND HE HAD PASSED AWAY DURING THE NIGHT, I DID TRY MY HARDEST TO SAVE HIM BUT IT WASNT MEANT TO BE R.I.P MY LITTLE MAN, YOU FATHERED SO MANY OF MY FRY, SO SOME OF YOU LIVES ON X

Most reactions

Back