When Do You Turn The Lights On And Off

I have mine come on at 4PM, turning off again at midnight. During the summer months, I move them to 6PM-Midnight.

Basically algae is nothing to do with the light.

It is to do with there not being sufficient nutrient, CO2 or conditions for the light provided.

You will get brown/green/ black under low light just as you will under high light, uner short photoperiods as long photoperiods unless the above are good enough ;)

Just under low light or short photoperiod it grows slower than under high light/long photoperiods :)

AC

Moonlights kick in at 1pm till 2.10pm. main lights on at 2pm - 10pm. Moonlights back on 9.50pm till 12.30am.

My tank is in a room with low natural light so the lights come on at 2 PM and stay on until 11 PM. It's nice to be able to watch the fish when I am home.

i have no lights on till 3pm - then a single t5 white coral tube kicks in, then at 3.30 the blue one kicks in, then at 4, a second white kicks in, then at 5, a second blue 'in total 4 t5 lights blue and white', then at 6.30 the first white goes off, then a blue at 7, then a white at 7.15, then the final blue at 10.30.

the blue kicks in and fades out so not to spook the fish - looks lovely too!

Most reactions

Back