When Do These Things Expire?

onidrase

Let's Be Friends
Reaction score
I got a big bundle of different foods, medications, and water conditioners they handed to me when I bought the 75 gallon off em

Among these includes

really old test kits (trashed em)
a bunch of flake food I threw away
really old pH increasers and decreasers (trash even if it was new)

an unopened can of shrimp pellets, seal is still on it and everything, but it looks pretty old

and most importantly, what I'm curious about as my GT seems to have a small case of fin rot:
Tetra Medicated Fish Food for treatment of bacterial and fungal diseases, still pretty filled up, smells like fish food, looks like fish food, just looks like an old bottle

Are the shrimp pellets and medicated fish food probably gone bad by now? should I even bother or should I trash them as well? how long do these sorts of things usually last anyway?

Thanks much

Hi, the tetra medicated fish food should have an expiration date on it somewhere. And if it doesn't throw it out cause the bottle is too old and the date probably rubbed off. To be honest, in my opinion, just throw it away anyway. If your fish had finrot, just go buy prober antibiotics I personally have never had any luck with the medicated fish food.

Good luck.

Most reactions

Back