Whats Your Favourite Schooling Fish And Why?

jonnyf84

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Title says it all, opinions appreciated.

I'll start, ive got to go with the microrasbora kubotai (green Rasbora), especially when it comes to planted tanks.

Congo Tetras and Pentazona Barbs. They don't often shoal but when they do, they look fantastic!

Corydoras because they look so happy when they are together. :D

11-10-07OrangeLasers1.jpg

Corydoras because they look so happy when they are together. :D

Have to agree with inchy cory's are so peaceful to watch when they are all together and always seem so happy doing so :)

I used to love harlequins, but since getting pristella's i have decided they are now my favourite. Beautiful to watch, not scared of anything,bigger than most tetras, and are always shoaling.

congo tetra's is a good call, especially if they are wild caught and in large groups. Keep 'em coming :rolleyes:

Pristella are beautiful, i have them and pork chops in the same tank, and they're both great shoals. The other i'd recommend for planted tanks especially is ember tetra- gorgeous little sparks of gold

Spotted silver dollars - look better than regular silver dollars, stay smaller but are just as active. Though exodons and galaxy rasbora come a close second/third.

Got to be harlequins, ever since most of mine died i have been umming and arring wether to replace them, but i am going to get a full strengh 10 when i re-do my tank soon

Most reactions

Back