• swordtail

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ballon molly

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

paul_219

Fish Aficionado
Reaction score
I like till now platy, i didn't yet got guppies, but i will soon.

I like Platies. I don't know Balloon Molly gets its own category. There are Lyretail Mollies and Sailfin Mollies too, but they're all Mollies.

I can't stand balloon mollies. Not only do they look mutated, but each batch of fry contains a lot that can't even swim, and I've received ever so many e-mails and questions from people with balloon mollies that lose swimming ability as they age. I'd love to know why people would want to keep an animal that's been bred so that it's crippled and less able to do its normal behaviours.

Anyway, you've left over lots of the best livebearers. Halfbeaks, pike livebearers, stingrays, and four-eyed fish are all livebearers in good standing and splendid fishes in their own (very different) ways. And then there's all the splitfins, of which I have little personal experience but have to admit many are fascinating and beautiful. And what about the rarer poecilids, like mosquitofish, swamp guppies, and Limia?

Cheers, Neale

Not kept a livebearer yet, but if i ever looked into keeping one i'm very taken with anableps anableps, so non of the options provided....

I like platies and swordtail's for their adaptability and hardiness. Voted platies because that's what I have right now.

I don't really like most fancy guppies tbh, they just look frail and sometimes tatty to me -_- .

Though there are some nice ones out there.

Mollies can be really nice if they are in completely full health, especially black lyretail ones.

I despise balloon mollies...

I can't stand balloon mollies. Not only do they look mutated, but each batch of fry contains a lot that can't even swim, and I've received ever so many e-mails and questions from people with balloon mollies that lose swimming ability as they age. I'd love to know why people would want to keep an animal that's been bred so that it's crippled and less able to do its normal behaviours.

Personally I love balloon mollies, they're cute, personable and fun to watch. I have 2 and mine mate and play all day and I've NEVER even heard of them being " crippled " and they dont seem any more deformed than a twin-tail betta or one of those bubble eyed gold fish, or even albino fish of any kind. i think that swimming irregularities come from inbreeding which can happen with ANY fish, be it molly, guppy, puffer or whatever.

So pip pip to the balloon molly, even if some people think they're freaks because they live in a balloon world.

Platys are definitly my favorite. i only own two right now but are giving me the best fry i could wish for!

I'm not going to say anything about ballon's of any sort!!!!!! if i did It would not be nice!!!!

Still if you take the time to look up some rare livebearers they are amazing like Neil said already.
However in the common section guppies are my choice.

I voted Platy! I have a Swordtail (male) too, but my male platy has so much more personality.

Endlers are cuties just got my first group love them to bits!

i have swordtails and guppies both are pretty in their own way but my swordtail are so far my fav they are more hardy but i love my guppies to

Most reactions

Back