What's Your Favorite Aquatic Plant?

beez

Reaction score
call me boring or old fashioned but i love amazons. they are my favorites. they look great when theyre small, they look great when theyre huge and theyre so versatile. if you had to pick ONE favorite plant for whatever reason, what would it be?

Echinodorus species make excelent specimin plants, however I do also like mosses.

Mine would be java moss because you can do so many things with it.Algae wins the vote for the most annoying i would say! :lol: Although it's not a plant?!

2007_02_26_023.JPG

hi

i love brazilian pennywort it grows well and looks so pretty

sharon

The indestructible moss ball :lol: I like mosses too but there are too many mosses.

Algae wins the vote for the most annoying i would say! :lol: Although it's not a plant?!
Algae is a plant. Without it, most life would probably not exist on this planet.

My current favourite group of aquarium plants are the Cryptocorynes.

But if I could only have just one species it would be Microsorium pteropus (Java fern). So easy to grow, yet wonderfully attractive when grown well. Instant focal point and midground. Doesn't even need a substrate. Brilliant!

as an all rounder i love java fern. tiger lotus lily comes a close 2nd though ;)

Algae wins the vote for the most annoying i would say! :lol: Although it's not a plant?!
Algae is a plant. Without it, most life would probably not exist on this planet.

Actually it isn't, Blue-green algae is more closely related to bacteria than to plants. It is a Monera and filamentous algae is a protoctista, which is more closely related to protozoa.

Actually it isn't, Blue-green algae is more closely related to bacteria than to plants. It is a Monera and filamentous algae is a protoctista, which is more closely related to protozoa.

Yes, it is!

Have a read - http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/bo...3426748.html?16

Most reactions

Back