• Old Rock (like the beatals etc.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other/ Anyhing i left out

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

CAC

Formerly: Catfish Are Cool
Reaction score
Hi, i was wondering what people faveourite type of music is.
mine is metal/hard rock
My faveourite bands are:
CKY
Alexisonfire
HIM
Rage Against The Machine

please post your fave band/singer aswell...

Mikey

I like quite alot of things except classical, metal and rock. Well not anything, i'll list a few types below.

Rave
R'n'B
Rap
Dance
Hardcore
Bit of soul
Bit of techno.
I don't really have any favourite bands but I do like a few songs.
DDR 4 Strings - Take Me Away
Chris Hoff - Sound Of Goodbye
Faithless - Insomnia
Snoop Dogg - East Side
and lots of Xzibit's rhymes.
Anyway, I won't hijack this thread.

Neal

Power Metal...absoulte shredding heaven! (Helloween seen, DragonForce and Iron Maiden in December...All I need now is really long slightly permed hair...)

Other than that I can listen to most things. It's easier to list what I don't like:

Modern Rap (NWA and the Beastie Boys are soooo much better)
Garage/House/any music named from other domestic locations. It's just noise
Drum n Bass It does exactly what it says on the tin, which is bad.
Grunge/Emo/Nu metal. It's like metal/rock, but without the talent.

Other than that, I listen to everything from Ludwig Van Beethoven to Van Halen, Grieg to Guns n Roses, Dvorak to Dre.

Favorite band right now would have to be between Dragonforce and Fun Lovin' Criminals.

Similar to andy, with the exception that to his list of "just noise" you can add metal of pretty much any variety (thrash, death, power or anything else) it's just numpties shouting and growling to be as loud as possible.

Probably R n B Hip Hop and Rap would be my favourite genre's but I don't like it all. With Rap I prefer the "old skool" like Run DMC, Grandmaster Flash and the like, along with most of the Death Row/Aftermath stable of artists.

My CD in the car has alsorts in, such as Sinatra, Keane, Eminem and Joss Stone :wub: at the moment though. I'm also partial to Classic FM especially when driving late at night, but I don't pretend to know much about classical.

Arfie

Probably old rock, NOT The Beatles and that sort of thing, real old rock.
And of course Country was missing off the list.

Chopin is my favourite classical artist.

Tie between Rock and Metal, techniquely, Metal is a kind of Rock, so I just put down Rock. I like Hardcore, Metalcore, Screamo, Punk Rock, Hard Rock, and anything else with a nice hard beat.

Id say Indie/Rock and some pop.

So many talentles people about ATM mostly rappers.

My favourite ATM are:

Feeder
Coldplay
Hard FI
The Kooks
Red Hot chilli Peppers
U2

I voted rock as my favourite but i also like metal,old school rap (run dmc etc), hip hop, punk and punk rock :D

I LOVE COUNTRY!!!
My favs are:
Jason Aldean
Rascal Flatts
Gretchen Wilson
Shania Twain

i put other as i listen to all sorts of music , from the kooks to the streets to 50 cent and even ELO (ELECTRIC LIGHT ORCESTRA)sp?.......

I hate country... and modern rap (old school is ok).

I listen to a lot of Dave Matthews Band, David Gray, U2, Billy Joel, Elton John, Collective Soul, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Bela Fleck and the Flecktones...

I also listen to a lot of old jazz (Coltrane, Miles Davis, Louis Armstrong, etc...), and I listen to a lot of classical (Moussorgsky, Mahler, Hindemith, Copland, etc...).

So, I didn't vote, 'cause I couldn't think of anything that's really my favourite.

I voted old rock because I wasn't sure exactly how old we are talking about :lol:

I don't mind today's rock but it doesn't even compare to the older classics from the 70's and 80's (some of these try hard wannabes of today who think they are the next Led Zeppelin or AC/DC or whatever just really give me the ####s and make me want to throw the t.v through the damn window though. You can't just pinch a few riffs, act like an old band and call yourself a rock band as far as I am concerned, it is lame and makes you look like an ass. O.k, my rant is over, just had to get that off my chest :lol: ).

On the other hand, I don't mind alot of the even older stuff like the aformentioned Beatles and stuff like Eric Burdon and The Animals, etc.

So yeah, I guess it really doesn't matter what type of rock as long as it rocks :lol: I do like other types of music too but if I had to pick one I absolutely couldn't ever live without then rock would be it.

Most reactions

Back