Whats Wrong With My Fighter?

Clown loaches are very slow growers, you rarely see very big ones.
Severums grow quite fast if fed the right food.

I would do a 40% to 50% water change.
Rinse the sponge in old tank water, not tap water.

I think clown loaches are slow growers. But the tanks is to small.

ok cool, i already added some 'interpret anti fungus and finrot' treatment, if i remove 40% water should i add anymore treatment or just leave well alone?

??

The interpet anti fungus and finrot med not that good.
Get back to the board if there no improvement with the betta fins.
Good Luck.

When you preform a water change during a med course you just add the correct amount of med back to water removed.
Increase aeration as meds reduce 02 in the water.

for treating fin rot in bettas the myazxin is best -

or if your removing him to the 20litre tank
daily water changes (50% daily if no filter - 25% if you have a cycled filter on it)- matched to the temp of the tank
then add api aquarium salt - or similar - NOT MARINE SALT and try him doing the water change routine for 2 weeks - if no improvement then move onto the myaxzin (spelling)

right, 40% water change done and gravel clean also

i have moved betta to new 'hospital' tank with 50% old water and 50% new, treated with aqua safe and water cycle

so anyone know how long before i see improvement?

the othe question is, should i add a little salt?

thanks
:unsure:

nitrates of 250ppm wont be causing any problems

as various scientific studies have shown levels of 400ppm are where it starts to get dangerous for fish.

right, 40% water change done and gravel clean also

i have moved betta to new 'hospital' tank with 50% old water and 50% new, treated with aqua safe and water cycle

so anyone know how long before i see improvement?

the othe question is, should i add a little salt?

thanks
:unsure:
Yes, aquarium salt, NOT marine salt, NOT sea salt, NOT table salt. You can buy aquarium salt at any fish store worth its salt. (Pun intended)

table salt is fine if you can find one without 'anti caking agents'

do your fish a favour and take the clown loaches to the LFS - swap for zebra loaches if you really want loaches and rehome the severum. this is quite urgent for the welfare of the fish.

Also rehome 4 'algae eaters' - fish don't clean tanks we do.

What are the 2 catfish?

table salt is fine if you can find one without 'anti caking agents'

do your fish a favour and take the clown loaches to the LFS - swap for zebra loaches if you really want loaches and rehome the severum. this is quite urgent for the welfare of the fish.

Also rehome 4 'algae eaters' - fish don't clean tanks we do.

What are the 2 catfish?

hello there,
the clown fish are 1 1/2 inch so tiny, the severum is only about 2-3 inches currently.
the catfish are albino corys bog standard catfish
whats wrong with 4 algaes?
thanks for advice

I was lead to believe that nitrates over 100 begin to become harmful to fish.
I would still get your ntirate reading down.
What your tap nitrate reading.

what are the algea eaters some will get 6 inches or smaller others will get ove 18 inches

sorry to be honest i dont know, 4 for a tenner at local store :rolleyes:

Pics then - they need identifying.

Size of the loaches and severum NOW is irrelevant really, it is adult size that counts and being housed for too long in too small a tank is likely to stunt their growth, they may be ok for a couple of months but really you should have a tank that can house them for life, will you be able to upgrade?

Most reactions

Back