Whats Wrong With My Balas?

monkeyman

Moved On
Reaction score
I sold my 2 bala sharks to my lfs on saturday. Its not a very busy shop, so i checked to see if they were still there today - & they were! They are about 5" long an i had em for 2 years or so. Wheni looked at them today just up from their nose had gone white as if the bone or watever was sticking out & their lips looked pulled down if u know what i mean. Well i know water quality in some lfs isnt great but i was still DISGUSTED! Does anyone know what disease this is??? :-(

Sorry that must be awful for you having them 2 years then the lfs gets there hands on them and this happens, sadly they don't sound to good, i feel for you seeing your fish in that way hoping they would find a good home.
Sorry, it could be columnaris.

Yeah, that could be what it is, thankfully i never have many run ins with my fish and disease, apart from white spot which ive had 2 times in three years - due to the introduction of already diseased fish, when i was a complete beginner! It makes me sad to see my fish like that, kinda wish i had kept 'em now :-( Maybe im jus being silly, but i feel like going to get them bringing them hope and treating them... Trouble is, ive a bad feeling it could be too late :sad: im a bit angry too...

Sad, i would be upset too, but don't blame yourself as these things happen, not always happy ending is this hobby.

Most reactions

Back