Whats The Going Rate For Selling Guppy Fry To Lfs ?

LJEV

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Im starting to build up a nice collection of guppy fry and hear a lot of suppliers will buy them from you. Whats an average price and do they usually have a limit to what they buy ?

the place were i used to sell mine to
didn't give you money you used to get a credit note
to spend in the shop i used to let mine mount up
till i had enough to buy something that i really
wanted or i use it to buy other fish or food remedies
and stuff like that

the place were i used to sell mine to
didn't give you money you used to get a credit note
to spend in the shop i used to let mine mount up
till i had enough to buy something that i really
wanted or i use it to buy other fish or food remedies
and stuff like that

The place I get most of my fish from in Sheffield will pay 30p each or 40p credit which I don`t think is bad.

how do you go about asking if they want the fry?
i dont know what to say or how to ask lol

You go straight in and say,hi bla bla,i have some guppy fry at home,would you be intrested in making a deal,if that does not work then just give them away to them, here my shops wont buy guppys because of the in breeding going on

how do you go about asking if they want the fry?
i dont know what to say or how to ask lol

They mentioned it to me. I had previously bought male guppies from them and when I later bought females it was obvious i was going to breed them.
They sell guppies at £1.25 each or 5 for £5 so buying for 30p from customers keeps you buying from them and makes them a tidy profit.
So they asked me to bring any fry to them.
and the best thing is it should be an endless supply. :good:

All my lfs are mean and would take donations of fry/juvi's but wouldn't give you owt for them...

I believe if you give them a fiver they'll take them off your hands :lol:

Seriously though, most LFS will not take fry as they get sucked up in their filter system. They will take them at around an inch but doubt whether they will give you anything as they know that really they are doing YOU a favour. I mean, it's more difficult NOT to breed community fish ;)

All my lfs are mean and would take donations of fry/juvi's but wouldn't give you owt for them...

Sounds familiar :grr:
LFS near me got handed in a small breeding group of Neolamprologus Multifasciatus with fry and shells, the guy was handed a tub of fish food in return:huh:
They usually have lots of young BN Plecs that come in from local "breeders", sell them from anything between 7-15 quid depending on size, I can't imagine them paying anywhere near a pound a pop, some profit margin, I know these places have overheads but it would be nice if they gave you a fair deal once in a while :good:

Most reactions

Back