Whats The Best Order To But These Fish In

rockerman

Reaction score
hi im about to buy my first fish what fish should i put in first out of Blue-Green Chromis and
False Clownfish there will about a week in betwen them going in.thanks

Probably the chromis, because they are supposedly hardier. :)

I wouldn't have thought it really would matter all that much with these two species as to what went in first. Both are generally peaceful and clownfish are usually only territorial when breeding and defending their eggs. What size is your tank?

I wouldn't have thought it really would matter all that much with these two species as to what went in first. Both are generally peaceful and clownfish are usually only territorial when breeding and defending their eggs. What size is your tank?
my tank is 330 L

Nice! Well if that's the case and your tank has cycled, no ammonia or nitrites and low nitrates, then there wont be a problem introducing both fish at the same time. The tank will be more than big enough. I'd go with a small shoal of Chromis, maybe 5 or 6 or more.

Nice! Well if that's the case and your tank has cycled, no ammonia or nitrites and low nitrates, then there wont be a problem introducing both fish at the same time. The tank will be more than big enough. I'd go with a small shoal of Chromis, maybe 5 or 6 or more.
thanks AK77 i would like to end with 5 Blue-Green Chromis pair of common clowns 2 Yellow Tangs and Blue Tang Yellow Goby and Spotted 2 Cardinalfish what do you think. all so what cleanup crew do think are good my live sand got browh alge on it.

thanks AK77 i would like to end with 5 Blue-Green Chromis pair of common clowns 2 Yellow Tangs and Blue Tang Yellow Goby and Spotted 2 Cardinalfish what do you think. all so what cleanup crew do think are good my live sand got browh alge on it.

Nice stocking list. I'd also like a bi-colour angel or flame angel in there too.

CUC's should consist of a good mix of snails and hermits. The dwarf tri-clour blue legs and mexican red legs are very good. Snails I'd recommend trochus, astrea, cerith, nassarius, florida fighting conch and maybe a couple of mexican turbos, although in time the trochus will grow to a good size and mow through just a much really, without rearranging your rocks! :good:

By Blue Tang do you mean Regal?

IMO your tank is to small for a Regal

They grow very fast and get very big and need loads of swimming space

Also they are whitespot magnets

thanks yes std i did mean a Regal i will give it a miss. do think a Royal Gramma would be ok

I dont think it is "too" small IMO anyway I have a tang? 330L is fairly large tank! yes they get very large and yes they do attract ich.

It depends on the dimensions whether it's too small for a tank or not, IMO.

Most reactions

Back