Whats The Best Looking Pleco?

common pleco
common-pleco-profile.jpg

LDA033 snowball an finally got one a few weeks ago!
i do love the golden nuggets, i have the L081, very nce, and also my L122 is a beauty
i have always loved the magnum plecs as suggested by T, going to hopefully pick one up from bas in a couple of weeks, think they are more like £40 rather than £10 now simon! wish i could find one for a tenner!

Dave

LDA033 snowball an finally got one a few weeks ago!
i do love the golden nuggets, i have the L081, very nce, and also my L122 is a beauty
i have always loved the magnum plecs as suggested by T, going to hopefully pick one up from bas in a couple of weeks, think they are more like £40 rather than £10 now simon! wish i could find one for a tenner!

Dave

Yup they are very expensive these days. I paid £25 for mine about 8 years ago.

I love Zebs, but I have two pleco's at the moment which I love. I lost an L200 a few months ago and have another one and an L340 on order. here is my two.

L190 Royal Plec
STH70003.jpg

and L177 Gold Nugget
TFFFlash.jpg

and here is the L200 that I lost :angry:
GP2.jpg

i hate it when loose fish i really like, not to mention how expensive some are, over the last year or so, i lost 1 of my L122 pair and my L018 golden nugget, im pretty sure the L081 killed the L018 though im not sure.
also i lost my juvi L190 royal plec early this year! very annoyed
so not just have my L122, L081 and LDA033 but definitely planning on getting another L122 and a L047 magnum.
i think i just love all plecs! well apart from bristlenoses, think their bl**dy ugly!

Dave

.! well apart from bristlenoses, think their bl**dy ugly!

Dave

lol

one of the more interesting plecs to keep though. My big chunky pair were spot on the male looked great with all his tentacles!!!

I am gonna say Sultan Pleco (L-264), Had the privilege of keeping one in the past. Was a lovely Big Brute, and had been mispriced in the LFS and got him for half what he should have been. Sadly no pix, as they were on the old pc.

IMO L204 (Flash Pleco)

queens
royals
zebs
deffo L114 amzing fish next on my list :D
and gota agree with fully grown gibi there awsome fish really

Leopard Sailfin Pleco (Glyptoperichthys gibbiceps) absalutley Beautiful Fish, Cant wait to get a big tank so i can get some :D
Glyptoperichthys_gibbiceps.jpg

the best looking pleco i have owned is the l204 and l007 both stunning.

DSC00145.jpg

DSC00095.jpg

the picture really doesn't do him/her any justice but he's very camera shy.

and one of my favorite butterfly plec, i'm sure my oscar thought was a tasty meal.

i really want to get another one but i'm not sure if getting a third tank is "do able"

flounder.jpg

I am gonna say Sultan Pleco (L-264), Had the privilege of keeping one in the past. Was a lovely Big Brute, and had been mispriced in the LFS and got him for half what he should have been. Sadly no pix, as they were on the old pc.

Had a sultan too Gill, they are probably my second fave.

the green phantom plec is the best lookin apart from the zebra pleco anyways, here is a pic of my green phantom........
Photo0239.jpg

Most reactions

Back