Whats The Best Fish Store You Have Been To And Tell Why

Good to hear that Wharf Aquatics are prepared to rehome fish that have grown too big. It shows commitment to the welfare of the fish and sounds like they wouldn't fob off customers with bad advice just to make a sale. I'm hoping to go there next week after doing some research and this one seems to regularly come out tops. I'll update the thread with a review after I've been.

Manchester area...

I like BAS in Bolton place looks dilapidated but they have lots of oddballs all appear healthy with no diseased fish and the staff are honest with good advice! Never seen a bigger hardware department either!
I was also very impressed with Pier in Wigan for tropical but wasn't impressed with the betta's as mentioned above kept in plastic cups.
In Stockport I like Meadow View aquatics and Abyss has lovely clean stock if I were marine it would be Abyss and Oasis for me I think.

As a warning to folk hat big pet chain in Stockport looks the dogs dangles since their refit with the biggest shop tank in europe or some rubbish but I too often see diseased fish (saddleback and whitespot) and they only quarantine new stock for six hours :rolleyes: For this reason I wouldn't ever buy from them out of principle... Nice plants on delivery day though!

I might have to visit QSS someday soon sounds good :)

For me the best pet store i visited was Bioresearch. they sell all sorts of puppy and fish.
they even teach us how to maintain our fish pond and taking care of our fish.
______

Sorry but i dont think any shop that sells puppies is a good one.
Puppies are best purchased directly from a breeder as the stress of being taken from mum, to new strange place, then to new house all at a very early age can lead to a nervous puppy. Puppies also need lots of attention, which they dont get in pet shop cages. It also leads to behavioural problems with other dogs as for the first 8 weeks interaction with mum is key to developing pack skills.

Can I add a corollary to this thread?

I'd like to know what I, as the owner of an online store that sells aquarium kits and pet supplies (not fish), should be doing on a regular basis to provide added value for my customers. I often hear people complain that online stores "screw" their customers (pardon my language) and I don't want to be thought of in that way.

Any suggestions?

Most reactions

Back