Whats That Noise I Keep Hearing?

Durbkat

Untrainable
Reaction score
While I sitting at my computer I hear a splashing noise every couple minutes so I look at my bettas and its not them I look at my common pleco but it isn't him because he is sitting at the bottom. But it sounds like its coming from my 10g. Could it be my corys going up to the top for air or what?

Could be either. A small splash would be the corys, my commons make a pretty big splash, they've broken the lid on a 55 two times so far.

Tolak

Is the filter leaking from pour mantenance?? Umm Im sure you would notice that though, that happend to me when i started out in this hobby.

Could be just an extra splurge from the filter..

my pleco often splashes the surface and then dashes for the bottom. if i hadn't seen him do it, i wouldn't have known it was him!

Hi Durbkat,my cories speed up to the top of the tank take some air then zoom back down in one second flat.I supose it could be that you can hear. :fish:

While I sitting at my computer I hear a splashing noise every couple minutes so I look at my bettas and its not them I look at my common pleco but it isn't him because he is sitting at the bottom. But it sounds like its coming from my 10g.
Don't keep your back turned for too long. :unsure:

CreepyHand.jpg

While I sitting at my computer I hear a splashing noise every couple minutes so I look at my bettas and its not them I look at my common pleco but it isn't him because he is sitting at the bottom. But it sounds like its coming from my 10g.
Don't keep your back turned for too long. :unsure:

CreepyHand.jpg
Ha Ha really funny :rolleyes: :lol: I know it wasn't my pleco because he can't go up and down that fast he's to big and fat for that. :lol: I pretty sure its the corys now because its not my filters and I have seen them do it before but it never made a noise before. Sure am glad I was able to sleep through it. :S

Hi Durbkat :)

It's probably the corys. They can move fast when they swim to the top to grab a mouthful of air. They aren't actually air breathers, like bettas or gouramis, but they can absorb some oxygen through their intestines.

Often, when one starts doing it, the others will get the idea and do it too. It's like watching people when someone yawns. :D

Most reactions

Back