What's Happening To My Plants

mytropicals

Reaction score
My plants appear to be drooping as per pic below....what's happened to them. Have I done something wrong?

Plant.JPG

They look okay to me...sometimes the leaves will droop a bit as they get larger.

agree with nosoup4you, the plants look ok

Could you provide a larger pic (uploaded to something like photobucket) as its difficult to see - or describe whats happening to the plants / leaves?

Regards

Craig

I am thinking of changing the plant layout in the tank....moving some around. Is it o.k to do this whilst all the fish are in the tank?

Sure, go for it. You might try to do your planning before you actually get your arms wet...less stress on the fish. LOL

it could be due to poor CO2 levels, & nutrients. As it may be lacking them to build up tissue strength.

What are:
tank size
lighitng
ferts.

I have moved my plants with the fish in. Afterwards I put a HOB filter on with charcoal until it clears up.

Make sure if you are moving plants to do a heavy water change straight after as they will release ammonia from the substrate and you will find algae in that area pretty quickly. Not to the levels that will harm fish but a nice trigger for the unwanted stuff.

Also if it is a clay based substrate take your time getting the roots through the substrate or you will not be able to see into the tank for a day or 2. The water will still go cloudy as the rots will have some clay stuck to them but you don't want to pull the plant too fast bringing more through if you can help it.

AC

it could be due to poor CO2 levels, & nutrients. As it may be lacking them to build up tissue strength.

What are:
tank size
lighitng
ferts.

Its a Juwel Rio 180 with the standard T5 lighting....I haven't been using a fertiliser

Most reactions

Back