Whats Going On In My Tank.....

fiona and my babies

Reaction score
:S over the last few days he water in my tank has become very misty and murky....
its have the normal water changes but it hasnt helped.
iv dont nothing differant to normal but im lost of what i can do to clear it.
there is loadssssssssss of tiny bits floating about and im confused, where have they come from, how can i get rid of them?????
normally the tank is so clear and looks great but at the moment i dont even want people to look at it.......................................... HELP PLEASE!!!!!!
:S :S

must be something to do with your filtration, its obviously not working as it should be, try cleaning it out , see if that helps :/

Possible problems: over-feeding, filter needs to be replaced, algae or "slime" growth, not so frequent water changes and little volumes taken out and replaced(20-25% every week is key), and yes, you could have a broken filter.

My tank usually get a bit cloudy after I do water changes due to stirring up the gravel and such. It usually gets crystal clear in a few days though. Maybe this could be the problem?

iv used a treatment called clarity which acts a bit like glue (sort of) and this makes the bits floating around stick in the filter so they dont come straight out the other side.
this is day to of the treatment and it is starting to look a bit better now.
:good:

some one has said i could praps try using a stocking with filter fome in under the inlet so it catches the rest of the bits, has anyone tried this before, does it work?? -_-

Most reactions

Back